Please help with motion sensor on Ademco 20P

Old 08-18-13, 11:23 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Please help with motion sensor on Ademco 20P

Hi,

I have 3 motion sensors connected to my Ademco 20P. The blue/white from the 1st sensor is connected to a resistor then connected to T13. The blue wire from that sensor is connected to the blue/white wire of the 2nd sensor. The blue wire of 2nd sensor connected to blue/white wire of the 3rd sensor. Blue wire of third sensor connected to T14. Power is from T3 & 4 for all 3 sensors. Only 2 out of 3 sensors would trigger a fault on the keypad when they detect motions. The LED light on all 3 sensors react to motion, but yet only 2 would cause the keypad to go from "ready" to "not ready". I have flipped the circuit boards between the sensor that trips the keypad with the one that doesn't. The same location is still not triggering the keypad, so it's not the circuit boards. What else could be wrong?

Thanks,
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-13, 03:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
If you take the alarm loop wire off of the motion at the motion detector, does the zone open? If yes, then you have it wired correctly, if not, then you have something wired incorrectly.

These things are just normally closed switches, there's really not much complicated about them.

What happens if you check them, one at a time...?

Old 08-18-13, 05:21 PM
K
I am assuming the 'alarm loop wire' is the one connected to either T13 or 14 since the ones connected to 3 and 4 are for power. Let me check it. I know that when I removed the wires from the one that was working properly, then the zone was open. I will now have to test the one that isn't working.

Thanks,
Kevin

Old 08-18-13, 06:39 PM
K
Problem resolved. The LED light has three statuses - off, light red (maybe green with cover off), and dark red. Our curtain has a sheer that drapes infront of the sensor so when you walk by, the LED light comes on, but only to a light red instead of a dark red. This status won't actually cause a fault on the keypad. When I pulled back on the sheer, then it goes to a dark red. It's just weird that if the sheer was blocking it, then why did the LED comes on in the first place. In any case, I pulled back the sheer to make a 6" opening, and it goes red every time someone walks across the room.

Thanks for your help.

Old 08-18-13, 09:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,042 Votes on 966 Posts
Those are multi tech motion sensors. They could use one or more of the following detection methods..... infra red, ultrasonic and microwave circuitry. Your curtains probably blocked one of the detection methods.