DSC pc1500 rk motion sensors on permanant bypass

Old 08-20-13, 09:54 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC pc1500 rk motion sensors on permanant bypass

Hi folks, I have been having this problem for a few days now. My 8 year old DSC alarm system (installed by the previous alarm company we used) has now permanently bypassed the only two motion sensors we have downstairs. We recently disconnected our alarm service from a second company. The problem started after my father, not knowing what the plug was for, pulled out the AC power from the outlet. When we came back home the system showed TROUBLE and BYPASS. I was able to solve the TROUBLE code by replugging the AC power, but now when I press[*][1] it shows that the system has bypassed two zones (the two motion sensors). The system will not arm when I press[*][0] and no longer beeps when the doors/windows open. The motion sensors still activate when I pass by.

Right now the lights that are on are READY and BYPASS

Where should I proceed from here?

Many thanks for your help.

Old 08-21-13, 03:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
PC1500RK is the keypad model, you either have a PC1500 or a PC1550 (both of which use that keypad).

PC1500 installer manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/DSC/...n%20Manual.pdf

PC1550 installer manual: http://www.myalarm.com/manuals_prog/pc1550p.pdf

User manual: http://cms.dsc.com/media/documents/a...0_UM_EN_NA.pdf

One flaw of this model, is that if they run on a failing battery, they can corrupt the programming. You may have to default the system and reset your zone and feature programming.

Old 08-21-13, 03:22 PM
P
Cleared Bypass light

I attempted to do a default, but I think it was done incorrectly (I don't think I shorted the EEPROM reset pins properly). I powered down the system completely, attempted a short and plugged the lead back into the battery. The siren made a horrible noise for two seconds and the trouble light #6 came on. The light resolved itself after beeping for some time (twice every 10 seconds or so). I didn't even have to reset the clock to get it to go away. Now the bypass light is gone and ready is on. All zones are still remembered by the system and come on when activated, but still no chime when doors/windows open and the system cannot be armed.

I also tried to test if my system was locked out by my installer, but I couldn't hear any clicking over the siren.

I'm guessing I'll have to do it again?

Old 08-21-13, 05:10 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you don't have a ready light, then that means that you either have one or more zones open, or when you defaulted, you still need to turn the EOL resistor requirement off.

Is the chime function actually turned on? It has to be activated, it doesn't come on by itself...

Old 08-21-13, 09:53 PM
P
No, what I'm saying is that the ready light is on, I got rid of the bypass light, and I still can't set the alarm.

How do I know if I defaulted my system right?

Old 08-22-13, 03:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
What user code are you using? When you default, it reverts back to 1234.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: