First Alert FA150C home security system mastercode reset

Old 08-27-13, 05:40 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
First Alert FA150C home security system mastercode reset

I just bought a house with a First Alert Fa150C security system. The previous owner did not use the alarm for the last 18 years and he had forgotten the mastercode. How can I reset the mastercode without the current mastercode? Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-13, 06:28 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
I will begin by saying that this is a 20+ year old piece of electronics in uncertain condition so you are rolling the dice, at best.

That said...

Here's a link to the manuals: AlarmHow.net Document Library

It's a "clone" of a Vista 10se, as far as I can tell.

You can use the power up and press * + # trick outlined in the FAQ sticky to get into programming, then you can use the installer code you extract from location #20 to set a new user code

Old 08-28-13, 11:33 AM
A
Thank you for your prompt help. Appreciate it very much. I will try looking up the installer code and see if I can use it to reset the master code.
I don't understand the power up and * + # trick. I did not find the FAQ sticky. Where do I find info on that?

Old 08-30-13, 02:34 PM
have you finished reading the manual?

Sapote

Old 08-31-13, 01:58 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz2dXFvXLE5