DSC PC1500/PC1550 window contact issues

Old 08-29-13, 04:46 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC1500/PC1550 window contact issues

I recently tested my system and discovered that only 3 windows in my house immediately sounded the alarm when opened. When the other windows were opened, the alarm sounded approximately 25 seconds after opening.

Could this be a contact issue?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-13, 05:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,029 Votes on 955 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It could be a contact issue.

Are the three windows that initiated an alarm instantly on one zone and the other windows are on another zone ?

The slow responding windows maybe on a delayed response loop or zone. You would have to check your point response programming for confirmation.

Old 08-30-13, 01:33 PM
S
Thank you for your response!

No, the three windows are on different zones.

How would I check the point response programming?

Old 08-30-13, 02:45 PM
You should find the manual and get familiar with the system.

Sapote

Old 08-31-13, 02:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
A better test is to turn on the chime function and open/close each opening. If the chimes sound without delay, then the only conclusion remaining is that the windows in question are on zones programmed with an entry delay.

Do you have the installer manual and the installer code?

Old 09-01-13, 03:42 PM
S
Yes, I have the installer manual but not the installer code. Is the installer code the same as the master code?

I just discovered that all the windows and doors in the house are on delay. They all sound the siren after being opened for 25 seconds.

I'm not sure I understand why everything is on a 25 second delay....it is not by design. Could it have happened when the standby battery was replaced?

Also, when the system is armed, three lights light up on the key pad: Ready, Armed and Bypass. I don't know why the bypass light comes on "every" time the system is armed. Even if I had unintentionally bypassed a zone, the bypass is designed to cancel each time the system is disarmed and must be re-applied
before the next arming.

Is this something that I can fix, or do I need to call the installer?

Old 09-02-13, 07:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
No, the master code and the installer code are two different things.

I strongly suspect that your system has always been set up with all of the zones programmed as delay zones, but you just never caught it until now. Most likely you had an inexperienced installer, or possibly there are doors and windows wired into the same zone with doors or windows that a previous user wanted a delay on, and they didn't or couldn't physically separate the zone wiring properly.

The one exception to this, is that if one of these 1500/1550 systems is allowed to run on a failing battery, it can scramble the programming, and about all you can do is default the system and start over.

Most likely, this is a combination of physical wiring mistakes, and programming errors.

The auto-bypass happens when you don't open and close a delay zone during the exit delay.

I strongly suggest you read through your installer and user manual carefully. It sounds like you may not be familiar with some of the standard features of this system.

Old 09-02-13, 08:24 AM
S
We are the original owners of the house.

At one point, the system did run on a failing battery. To default the system, I presume I need the installer code?

I presume the installer code should have been furnished to us at the time of installation?

Thank you for your help.

Old 09-02-13, 11:30 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you have the installer code, it's easier, but, as long as the installer lockout was not set, the procedure at the bottom of page 13 of the manual will work: http://www.myalarm.com/manuals_prog/pc1550p.pdf.

Old 09-10-13, 11:32 AM
S
Thank you Mr Ron.

I will post back once I give this a try.