Incessant beeping continues even after I replace both batteries (Vista 20P)

Old 09-05-13, 01:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
If your keypad doesn't display full phrases like "Disarmed Ready to Arm" it's a fixed language keypad that cannot display menu mode programming, and cannot be used to access that programming.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-13, 03:19 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ok, thanks. I guess I can't do it myself and have to call the alarm company to fix it and sign a contract to actually have it monitored (since they won't come fix it if I don't have it monitored). Thank you to everyone who tried to help me! It is just odd that I started getting these errors a year after I moved in and didn't have it monitored all that time.

Old 09-05-13, 03:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
The only way to do this yourself is to replace the keypad (or add an alpha keypad to the system). It sounds like the original installer set this up to be very difficult to reconfigure for local use.

Old 09-05-13, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
check 114 is on, because the radio was programmed for esecure (Total Connect). You should be able to leave the GSM unit connected and just put a (0) in field 29 of programming (no alpha keypad needed). If the GSM is disconnected, the relay programming in *79, *80 will need to be removed. Try enter code +5+0, the siren will squak and the panel will test the battery under load. If the battery trouble will not clear, you may have a bad charging circuit.

Last edited by kcxj; 09-05-13 at 07:26 PM.