Radionics Omegalarm D6112 xfinity problem

Old 09-03-13, 08:22 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Radionics Omegalarm D6112 xfinity problem

Installed a new xfinity modem. Now when the alarm takes command of the phone it no longer releases the dial tone back. Consequently the xfinity box does not get the dial tone and the phone does not work. The alarm tech was puzzled and had never seen that before. Any ideas as to what could be done short of installing a separate phone for the alarm?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-13, 08:33 PM
T
First question is: Does it actually send signals over the xfinity digital network?

Did the alarm tech replace the RJ31X [phone jack]? Those things do go bad over the years.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it is probably an issue with the panel not recognizing the signoff/handshake and not releasing it.

Maybe best to go with a POTS line [or possibly Telgard unit].

Old 09-04-13, 01:24 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,036 Votes on 960 Posts
Most installers haven't a clue what a RJ31X jack is.

You're right.....it sounds like the alarm can't communicate over the digital voice service but regardless if the panel receives a handshake or not......after XX amount of attempts it should stop communicating and go into comm failure and release the phone line.

Old 09-04-13, 10:27 AM
N
Thank you for the responses. The alarm communicates through the xfinity line and it does that just fine. The problem is as you have stated is that the panel do not release the signal so I do not get the phone line back so that the regular telephone do not work. The alarm tech was going to call his east coast sources today and let me know what he finds out. I will post his response here. Probably will look into a separate phone connection for the alarm.