Adding wireless keypad to my safewatch 3000

Old 09-13-13, 06:58 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Adding wireless keypad to my safewatch 3000

Good evening guys and gals,

I've had my alarm system for about a year now. I recently contacted A$T to have a keypad mounted in my bedroom. They had the technician come out and long story short he couldn't get a wire into my bedroom from the control panel in my basement or the keypad in my dining based on my house dimensions so he suggested a wireless keyboard. After going to his truck and contacting A$T they told him I would need a 5828 v with power supply that would cost almost $300.00. Needless to say I'm an eBay guy found the unit online now I'm interested in throwing this in on my own. I guess I'm a little confused on the getting to the house code and changing or adding that. The instructions after that seem simple enough but this part has me stumped any advise on the install would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-13, 08:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
A "Safewatch 3000" is a modified Vista 20p.
http://www.alarmeengros.com/installation15P.pdf

If you already have the two-way wireless (5883 transceiver or 5800TM) then to set the house code, you pick a number between 01 - 31 and enter it into programming location *24. Then you set your wireless keypad to the same house code.

Old 09-14-13, 11:15 AM
E
MrRon FL

First you are totally awesome to take the time out to help newbs like myself. So I went to the panel the installer put in the basement and the transceiver is a sa5882-3 not sure if that's compatable or if its he same one you mentioned. The tech didn't say he would need to upgrade that. Just wondering will I need to get that switched as well or should I still be good to go?

Thank you again sir

Old 09-14-13, 03:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
According to the Honeywell website compatibility list, that's not the right wireless transceiver for this product. You need the 5883H or the 6160RF keypad in place of the receiver you currently have.

Old 09-15-13, 12:20 PM
E
Okay so basically I can go with either the 5883 or 5800TM? So I would do the 5800 because its a less expensive and it seems like a simple process. The wiring doesn't seem like an issue but it says that I would need to cut the jumpers Red (28) white (29) both for 30 for an addressable box. My question is does that constitue the house code that goes into the wireless keypad? Sorry if that question sounds silly in advance.

Thanks again for your help

Old 09-15-13, 12:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The house code is something you set in the system and keypad setup programming. The keypad/expander/interface module address is a different thing from the house code.

Old 09-16-13, 09:42 AM
E
Okay so I wont need to do anything with programming the 5800? I consider myself pretty tech savvy but I apologize if I'm just not getting it. So If I am correct I just want to install the 5800 then go to the keypad enter the installer code go to *24 enter a number between 1-31 then program the wireless with that code. And getting to installer would be the default code hit *24 and it will prompt for the house code? Another silly question im sure will ADT install this if I purchase it from another vendor besides them?

Thanks again

Old 09-16-13, 05:09 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
All adding the 5800TM to an existing wireless system does is supply the bi-directional functionality.

There's not really a prompt. You just enter *24 and enter the 2 digit number (use a leading zero for 1-9).

Most ADT franchises will not install hardware that they don't supply.

Old 09-17-13, 11:45 AM
E
Okay I think I got it. Programmer code 8 0 0 shows 20 then *24 then change the coder to a number between 1-31?????

Old 09-17-13, 06:27 PM
E
Okay MrRonFL I hope this will be the last time you need to hear from me concerning this. So I got the house code entered I have the wireless able to arm and disarm the system ( with out the 5800) BUT I'm not getting any alerts to the wirelss that its armed nor is the armed light or ready light illuminated. And I have a 00 BAT on the wired keypad that flashes in and out. Is this something I did incorrectly in programming not sure where to take this getting the bulk of the performance but the issue with the bells and whistles.

Thank you again would have never got this far w/out you

Old 09-17-13, 06:38 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You are not getting feedback to the keypad because the keypad is sending to the receiver, so you can arm/disarm, but since you don't have a transceiver installed the system cannot send status back to the wireless keypad.

In essence, the keypad can "talk" but the host system can't talk back.

Old 09-17-13, 06:43 PM
E
Awesome that's what I figured. I have the 5800 coming tomorrow I will throw that and hopefully should be good to go. And aduh I changed the batteries on the wireless and got rid of the 00 BAT. Again I appreciate ya bud you are awesome.

Thanks a ton

Old 09-28-13, 01:33 PM
E
Okay I'm back was trying to avoid it but I'm a bit confused by these instructions for the 5883h got it installed but im confused by the switch settings. Is there a specific setting the DIP should be on to have the wireless communicate with the 5828 I thought I had it I got it to activate voice but the commands didn't work and it gave me check 100 which I see that means its not communicating with the wireless device.

Thanks again

Old 09-28-13, 02:17 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
dip switch 6 on, all other dip switches off.

Remember, this 5883 takes the place of your existing receiver board. You can't have both connected at the same time.