Figuring out how to reuse ADT pulse cameras?

Old 09-15-13, 10:46 AM
Figuring out how to reuse ADT pulse cameras?

I cancelled my ADT contract due to issues with my ADT Pulse system but would like information on how I can reuse the cameras (RC8021W-ADT) so that I can use them as backup monitoring.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-13, 11:09 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

You mean backup monitoring on a vehicle ?

Is so.....those cameras would probably not be the best choice for that application. They require 5 volts to run which is not a major issue but they are wireless. How would you receive the signal, view it and how would you solidly mount them.

The backup systems for vehicles are pretty inexpensive. They come with a small monitor and a camera designed for rear mounting. They even have fairly effective license plate cameras.

Old 11-16-14, 08:50 AM
Lightbulb

I happened upon this while trying to figure out the same thing, I assume you meant backup camera as in using it as a backup Network Camera without the ADT software. I finally figured it out. First you need to reset the camera, I did this my having it on and plugged into the network hardwired, and pressing the reset button with a paperclip, I held it down for about 15 seconds. In order to find the IP the camera picked up, I used a tool on my mac that scans all of the IP's, and I just tested the ones I didn't recognize. The one mine picked up was 192.168.1.102, yours is probably different, but when I typed that address into a browser window, I got a blue page that just said "Network Camera" at the top right, and on the left 2 options "view camera" and "administration" clicking on either required a user and password. The default user (after successfully resetting the camera mind you) was "administrator" and the password was blank. Once inside, I could manipulate the admin settings, I got wireless working by matching my exact wifi SSID and password in the wireless settings. Oddly, "View Camera" never did show video in my Safari browser, but using an iPhone/iPad app called "IP Cam Viewer Pro" I was able to add the camera with the settings of Type "Allnet 2250" and I can now successfully see the camera with my iPhone/iPad. Hop this helps, even though this post is over a year old.

Old 12-14-14, 05:11 PM
Your instructions were very helpful. Except I cannot get the IP Cam Viewer Pro to find the connection. Can you walk me through what you did in the blue screen and IP Cam Viewer Pro? Thank you

Old 07-08-16, 04:51 PM
I followed J-Do-it-myself instructions.Thank you very much!!

First reset the camera using a staple or something.Hold it for at least 30 seconds. Release and you will see camera's front LEDs blinking until they stabilize.

Not knowing the address I downloaded an utility called 10-Strike Network Analizer.

After the installation was complete I ran the program and found the ethernet connections to my home network.My camera is a Sercomm RC8021W-ADT. The address responded to was 192.168.0.10

I can view the video from camera in my firefox browser. I wish somebody will tell us how can we use it via android or laptop from a remote location like overseas.Thanks.

Last edited by PJmax; 07-08-16 at 08:26 PM. Reason: removed questionable link
Old 07-11-16, 02:48 PM
As far as I know, those cameras have special firmware so they only work through ADT's Pulse system.

Similar to Honeywell AlarmNet IPCAMs that only work through TC2 but with special firmware that make them proprietary to ADT.

Old 11-08-16, 08:51 AM
Settings that work

Disregard that last post. This IP camera doesn't need anything special to work.

I messed around with the RC8012W-ADT camera and got it working very nicely with a couple of different applications.

First, this page is vital:
Connect to ADT IP cameras

Find the camera version in the list. All but the JPEG work fine, but one setting worked much better than others:

Make: Generic URL
Model: Generic URL
http://username:[email protected]/img/video.mjpeg

If you don't have a username and password, you need to follow the instructions from the post above to reset the device to defaults, login to the admin area and add a user account or two. You'll also need to obtain the IP address by checking the leases on your home router. (Do it wired first, then you can configure the wireless network manually.) The camera does NOT magically obtain an IP Address unless it is connected to your home network first, as it uses DHCP to request one.

The other setting that works with audio, but is very slow is this one:
Make: Generic URL
Model: Generic URL
http://username:[email protected]/img/video.asf

All the others on the page from ispyconnect are about the same, except for the JPEG option, which is horribly slow because it is taking a snapshot every second or so. Don't use it.

I was unable to force the remote video to 640x480 by changing the settings in the camera admin area. Only the local browser seemed to be affected, or the IP Cam Pro app automatically resizes the video, I'm not sure.

Some ports I found open on the device:
Host is up (0.021s latency).
Not shown: 25542 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open http
443/tcp open https
554/tcp open rtsp
6789/tcp open ibm-db2-admin

Last edited by Lisa Zizzy; 11-08-16 at 08:58 AM. Reason: stupid emoticons
Old 02-01-17, 05:29 PM
Thanks for all this info. You guys help me get to where I can actually see my camera now. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to log in to the administrator console to change the camera from the wired lan connection to a wifi setting.
i have a RC8025B-ADT. I'm able to view the streams through ispy and by going to the "links" with the IP address. BUT, when i go to just the IP address, it gives me a page not found error. I know that it's actually hitting the camera, because for half a second the web page header says "camera"

Can anyone help me log in to this thing so I can set it up for wifi??

Old 04-08-17, 05:54 PM
mine has a wps button on the back, try that to connect to your wifi if your router is equiped with one.
Just push in the wps button on your camera, (the network led should flash red)then do the same on your router, it should find it. Make sure the camera is unplugged from network first.
If your camera doesn't have wps then you could always use wireshark to find it.

Old 05-21-17, 03:53 PM
Did you find anywhere that you could set zone for motion trigger? I have 3 ADT cameras (MDC-835) and they trigger on everything, making it hard to find or even missing legitimate events. ADT say it can't be adjusted....

Old 05-23-17, 09:54 AM
rsinek

Based on the manual here, it looks like your camera does not have video motion detection. Instead it uses a PIR (Passive Infrared Detector) built into the camera housing to detect motion. If this is the camera you have, I'd say ADT is correct.

Caveat emptor! I learned to read the "eye wash" with a jaundiced eye.

Old 01-02-18, 09:09 AM
I have been able to access all the configuration of the RC8025-ADT. Below is all the steps that I used.

1) Press down the reset button (on the left beside the FCC logo) for 20 second
2) Connect a LAN cable to the device and it will boot with DHCP
3) Work out the IP it got
4) Goto http://camera_ip/adm/enable_ui.cgi
5) when asked for login information use username administrator - blank password and then you will see “OK” on your screen
6) Goto http://camera_ip and now you have access to the administration page to set stuff.

On a reboot it you might have to enable the UI again if you want to make changes. With access to the admin you can see the camera, setup wifi and change anything else. While i do not have a RC8021W-ADT the process should be the same for it.

Old 08-19-18, 06:54 PM
ISPY is only for Windows and I need an app for Mac/iPhone/iPad. Do you know of any. I have OC835 Cameras and Netgear PGZNG1The cameras IP address show in my router. Thanks

Old 09-13-18, 03:03 PM
I just recently ended my relationship with ADT also, They recently disabled the pulse portal so I am not able to view my 4 outdoor wireless IP cameras either. I also have the OC835-v2 cameras, i have attempted the instructions provided above and to no avail. I have reset all 4 cameras (via reset button on rear of camera), I have disconnected the ihub Ethernet connection , I have downloaded ISPY Agent and have done a full system scan and it cannot detect the cameras. Can someone provide me with some insight on how to ascertain the IP address or IP camera software that will allow me to use the WPS function with pin on the back of the camera . I tried the WPS method to see if my router would detect the camera no luck. My router is only seeing the netgear ihub . Any help will be greatly appreciated

Old 09-14-18, 11:44 AM
Thanks oedi057!
Your instructions were perfect!

Old 09-14-18, 05:39 PM
Group Moderator
@sunny 901...... what are you using for a router ? Apparently there may be a problem using an apple product. When I reset cameras..... I access the router and look at the current connections. Anything connected will show up there. The camera should grab a new address on a reboot once reset.

Old 09-15-18, 10:04 PM
PJmax

Not using an apple product, I do have an Xfinity router/gateway .... Thanks for your for your help

Old 09-15-18, 10:09 PM
Snorkelgirl

Where you able to view and unklock your 0c835 -ADT V2 following the instructions above. If so how and what software did you choose to view them

Old 09-17-18, 03:49 AM
ADT Camera

No I am not able to. I have reset the camera (netgear) what program do you use to get the ip and port. I have apple but it worked fine when I was an ADT customer. I also need an app you are using.

Old 09-17-18, 06:23 AM
I am also using a Comcast modem