Ademco Vector 3000 Replacement?

Old 09-21-13, 07:59 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Ademco Vector 3000 Replacement?

My home security system - an Ademco Vector 3000 (4153ML), finally took its last breath after 19 years of faithful service. I am now looking for a suitable replacement that will work with remaining functional components: (3) Ademco 4208 RPM's, (2) Ademco 5330 Alpha Consoles, (1) Ademco 4157 Console and an assortment of devices in multi-zoned polling loops w/ resistors: Ademco 5105 Glasstrap Shock Sensors, 1878GLD Passive IR's, 4192SD Smokes, etc.). Note: This is a "home-run" setup with all the RPM's located next to the main panel and the loop resistors generally located near the far-end device on each loop. I welcome recommendations. Thanks in advance. -Joe

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-13, 09:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
None of the keypads are compatible with any current production models

Sadly, unless you are willing to pony up for one of the more expensive panels like Vista 128, Vista 40, Vista 50, the polling loop parts like the RPMs, the smokes, etc won't do you much good either.

Take a look at the Honeywell site: Intruder Detection Systems - Honeywell Intrusion and Communications

The data sheets will give you an idea what may or may not be re-usable.

Old 09-22-13, 03:07 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks MrRonFL!

I will dig through the data sheets. In the meantime however, I few follow-up questions...

Would a V-50(P?) work with all polling loop devices I listed?
If I went that route, would I still have to replace the keypads?

I recall reading somewhere that the V-50 was compatible with older Ademco equipment.
Do you know if this is true?

Can you recommend a path that has me replacing a minimal number of components (primary decision point) for a minimal cost (secondary decision point)?

Lastly, If this was your system, what would you do? :-)

Thanks in advance for your time and insight...

-Joe

Old 09-22-13, 08:09 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
The vista 50 is listed as compatible with _most_ of that older V-plex polling loop hardware. Just realize that these are pretty pricey alarm controls, and fairly complex to install and configure.

From your description of your installation, it sounds like you actually have a lot of conventional devices wired back to the addressable input modules, and very few actual v-plex devices other than the smokes. If that is the case, you might come out best with something like a Vista 20p and replace the RPMs with conventional hardwired zone expanders. The smokes would be the only thing that would need a hard look to figure out a better solution.

This is a hard one to give good, sight-unseen, advice on.