Problem getting into programming mode on Vista20P

Old 09-25-13, 06:48 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problem getting into programming mode on Vista20P

I used my installer code + 8-0-0 to get in. After the last digit was entered, all I heard was a beep on all 3 of my keypads. The alpha numeric keypad screen did not change to indicate that I am in. I have gotten in before, but it has been a couple of years ago. I also have tested the installer code and I was able to arm/disarm the alarm, so the code should be good. The only thing could be wrong is we just had an electrical surge from a thunder storm that blew out 20 of the window contacts, and one other keypad. I have replaced them all. The alpha numeric still function as normal aside from letting me getting into the programming mode. Do you think it was something I am missing, or the keypad is toast?

Thanks,
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-13, 02:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
Can you get into programming using the power down (AC and battery) then pressing * + # within 50 seconds of restoring AC power?

Old 09-27-13, 04:27 PM
K
If I do a power cycle, which involves unplugging the transformer, and disconnecting the backup battery, do you think I will lose the settings on the alarm? For example, I have the pager numbers programmed in already. As the matter of fact, that's exactly what I am trying to fix. Some guy has a phone almost identical to mine - first 9 digits are the same, and only the last one is different. He's been calling me back at my home phone, and tells me to stop calling him. We tell him that we never called him, and after the 10th time or so, it dawn on me that it was probably my alarm. So, I am trying to go into the program mode, and remove all of the pager numbers, and then just put mine back. Back to my questions, will my alarm lose its settings if I power cycle it?

Old 09-27-13, 04:30 PM
K
I also forgot to mention that I probably can't get into program mode because the last time I exited with *98 instead of *99.

Old 09-27-13, 07:06 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
You will not lose programming on power down. You could kill the power til the next ice age and the programming won't change (it's in an EEPROM).

Yes *98 only allows * + # programming access, just like it says in the installer manual.

Old 09-28-13, 08:25 AM
K
After doing a power cycle, I was able to get into the programming mode. I then exited using *99, and was able to get back into the programming mode via the installer code. I cleared out all of the pager numbers, and only put one back so ,hopefully, that poor guy no longer receives calls from my home phone.