FC code on First Alert Professional key pad

Old 09-28-13, 04:35 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
FC code on First Alert Professional key pad

I have First Alert Professional key pads on my security system. I cancelled the land line telephone and now I get a "chirping" sound from the keypad plus a FC error code. I can silence the chirping by using our pass code but in about 12 hours the chirping returns. How can I permanently remove the telephone monitoring FC code from my system? I never plan on having a monitored system

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-13, 07:00 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
FA alarm controls are modified versions of the Honeywell/Ademco Vista series. FC is failure to communicate. Since you have no phone service, you will need to go into programming and delete the dialer phone numbers.

To turn off the dialer on _most_ Honeywell/Ademco panels (and clones):
Once in programming enter *41* and *42*. This erases the dial out phone numbers and turns off the dialer. Check your install manual, there are a few obscure models that the phone numbers are in a different location.
Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz2gCAvQF7k

In order to give you better advice, we need to know the model of your system. Look on the wiring diagram on the inside of the door of the metal enclosure with the motherboard and system battery.

Old 09-29-13, 05:47 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I determined my installer code by removing the battery power then the AC power, waited a minute then reinstated power in reverse order. Keyed in * and # at the same time and received the location number for the programming code which was the universal 20. Keyed in #20 and my code came up. I followed the *41**42* and then exited using *99. The FC on the keypads disappeared. I set the alarm and then turned it off and the FC code is still gone. Seems to have bypassed the dialer functionality. thanks MrRonFL