Help with 103 fault on Honeywell Lynxr-2

Old 10-25-13, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with 103 fault on Honeywell Lynxr-2

I recently bought a house 3 months ago with this alarm system installed. About 3 weeks ago I came home to the alarm rapidly beeping with 103 displayed on the screen. I read up on what that number means and have gone through most of the basic troubling shooting steps to stop it from giving that fault (unplugging it from behind the panel, clearing the code, etc). At one point I had cleared it and it was fine for a week when it started beeping again with the same code. If I happen to clear it, it only stays cleared for about 5 minuets then it starts beeping again. I know this code can mean a variety of problems, from the panel being open to a loss of communication or something and as I've said, I've done the basic steps to clear it and it just keeps coming back. Anybody know how to get rid of this annoying fault once and for all yourself without having to make an expensive service call from a company to come look at it?

Last edited by Shadeladie; 11-21-13 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Per OP request
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-13, 04:58 PM
You need to have the long range radio option turned off in programming. Do you know how to get into programming?

Old 10-25-13, 05:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
First, start with the installer manual: http://helpdesk.nex-tech.com/files/i...stallGuide.pdf

Looking at the troubleshooting guide in the back of the manual, it indicates communications issues. Since it sounds like you want to use this thing locally, then you will need to disconnect the communication module or GSM radio, whichever you have. So _first_ you have to determine if you have a communication board inside the unit, or an external GSM radio (the former is most likely, since you state that you have a Lynxr-2)

For the communication module, you unplug the connector that connects the little communication board to the main control.

Go to programming using [installer code] +8 + 00
then enter:
*41*
*42*
*55 0
*94*
then exit programming with *99

If you don't have the installer code, you can go into programming by pressing * + # within 50 seconds of powering the system up, as described on page 17 of the manual.

Old 10-30-13, 10:13 AM
I will try that and follow up in a bit. Thanks!

Old 11-21-13, 08:35 AM
I just want to come on and say that I no longer are receiving the code 103 alarm and that my problem is fixed. I don't want to give out too much details on a public forum for the sake of my own security on this matter. Thanks for the help!

Old 08-01-14, 10:02 AM
Can someone tell me how to fix this issue as well? I tried that and it got the alarm to stop beeping for a few minutes and then it beeped again.

Old 08-01-14, 07:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
If you have the separate radio unit, you have to actually physically remove it, as well as correcting the programming.