Networx NX-4 System help needed

Old 10-30-13, 05:45 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Networx NX-4 System help needed

Hi everybody,
I've been using NX-4 without problems for the last 6 years. Although I no longer subscribed to the monitoring service, it is a problem free system.
However, while I was working on some other cables, I hit the exterior siren box and alarm went on (it was unarmed). I guess I activated the Box Tamper mode. Now Zone 3 light is flashing and I can't get it arm (My system uses first 2 zones only, 1st for the door and 2nd for the motion sensor). I tried to reset by[*][7] but it didn't work. What can be done to solve the issue? Does cutting the battery and power solve the problem? I neither have the master code nor know the default one is valid or not.
Thanks in advance...

P.S. This system is installed in overseas so it may be the european version of NX-4.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-13, 01:54 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
On a guess, there is a tamper switch wired in the siren enclosure and it's wired to zone 3 (are there wires on the zone 3 terminals of the motherboard?).

Did you hit the siren enclosure, or did you hit the _cables_ going to the siren?

If the former, check to make sure that the siren is properly mounted to the wall. If the latter, inspect the cable where you made contact, carefully.

Old 10-30-13, 03:26 PM
L
I checked all the cables and enclosure. Everything seems to be in order. And yes, as you mentioned zone 3 is set for tamper switch.
Is there anyway of turning of the flashing zone 3 light by using my arm/disarm code so that I can get the system work again?

Old 10-31-13, 10:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
It's a fairly common practice outside of North America to program tamper zones with a zone type that requires entering and exiting system programming with the installer/engineer code to clear the tamper. If simply arming and disarming, or bypassing the zone doesn't work, then that's where you are.

Old 10-31-13, 03:35 PM
L
Thank yok MrRonFL. I will go ahead and check the tamper switch once again...