Ademco 5828V keypad false alarm

Old 11-04-13, 06:27 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco 5828V keypad false alarm

I have Ademco 5828v installed in dual partition setup. The keypad is situated in the office as secondary for additional control and status update. This is setup with Vista 20p. This used to work for almost 3 years but off late the 5828v is reporting false Chime notifications and sometimes also reports that the alarm is activated or deactivated. The main RF keyboard which is hardwired is showing correct status though. 5828v is configured wirelessly and is plugged into the wall outlet within an adapter. It also has battery installed. Any idea how I can troubleshoot the keypad? Is the unit bad or something else is? This is on ADT but I do Mohave the maintenance plan on my monthly. Their service engineer will charge outrageously if called in. Pls help!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-13, 08:50 PM
T
If you have a maintenance contract with them, I should think it is their responsibility to troubleshoot/replace a 'faulty' keypad (or just about any other part) that is what you are paying for -- [my company would] at no extra cost.

I would look at your contract with them to be sure. You might want to keep track of names and dates. I suspect that they can be held responsible for any false alarm charges for failure to act.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it has worked for 3 years and nothing has been changed, I would suspect a faulty keypad -- Not much to troubleshoot. However, you might try replacing the backup batteries [3 AA] to see if that helps any.

If two-partioned, there must be a third keypad for the other partition -- does the 5828V duplicate what is on that keypad?

The only significant programming for this is the 'house ID' which you probably haven't changed.

edit: has another nearby [within a couple hundred feet] company gotten a similar alarm system that could be interfering? If you can, check around to see if another Honeywell system is being used with wireless keypads or (large) key fobs.

Old 11-05-13, 06:28 PM
M
I will try to replace the batteries on the 5828v but I doubt that to be the issue since the keypad is plugged in via a power adapter.
I cancelled the maintenance contract with ADT for about an year now. My three year overall contract is about to expire. My primary and secondary partitions both have numerical keypads. One of them is an RF keypad to which the 5828v is connected wirelessly. Everything elsewhere works except random messages reported by 5828v.

Old 11-06-13, 05:27 AM
S
I would try changing the House ID and re-verifying all of the 5828V keypad programming.