Caddx Ranger 8980e w/ 8985e keypad- need new keypad options

Old 11-09-13, 12:44 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Caddx Ranger 8980e w/ 8985e keypad- need new keypad options

I need to replace the 8985e Caddx keypad. I've seen that I could use a 9050 LCD and a 9060e LCD keypad, but I can't find either one of those available anywhere.

I've moved into a house, and have no idea what the master code is to disarm. The previous owners didn't have it as it was there when they moved in, but they unplugged the alarm system and never dealt with it. I'd like to use it, even if its just for the door chime, but can't disarm it with any trick I've seen online. So I figured I could replace the keypad and get it to disarm and program in my own codes.

Could I use a Ranger 9001 or any of the NX keypads? I've seen those around, but had no idea if they would be compatible. Or even know of a place I could purchase one that would work?

thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-13, 07:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
The Caddx Ranger series has been out of production for a dozen years. Short of finding one on an auction site, or someone's back stock, there are no replacement keypads. The keypads from the NX panels (and other Caddx/Networx lines) are NOT compatible.

The codes are not stored in the keypad, they are part of the system programming, so without either a Caddx programmer or an unlocked 9050 keypad, you can't get into the programming to reset the user codes.

Honestly, your best bet is to start over with a new, current production control and keypad(s) on your existing wiring and contacts.

Old 11-10-13, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I kinda figured that was going to be the end result. Any suggests on a modern option for a neophyte like myself?

Old 11-10-13, 06:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
Any of the major brands: Honeywell Vista; DSC power series; Networx, Concord; etc. will work just fine. The one thing to watch out for is that those old Ranger panels usually used speakers for the sounder, so for many of the others your will either have to change the siren for a 12v siren, or install a speaker driver card.