New XTi and chimes for garage TX-8010-01-1 and RE104 driveway senor

Old 01-04-14, 04:52 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New XTi and chimes for garage TX-8010-01-1 and RE104 driveway senor

I've got my XTi setup for the most part. I've been able to check postings for most questions but a couple of items I need help on. I have the following that I need help with.

Qty 1 Resolution Products RE104 for the driveway.
Qty 2 GE TX-8010-01-1's on the garage doors.

Here's what I've noticed. If I put the garage sensors in group 10, it works great with the voice chime telling me which door is up or down. But, I don't think I want to worry about having a timed entry when I raise the garage door and need to enter to disarm. I tried group 40 and nothing happens. No audible alert and nothing on the screen. When I try group 43, the panel lights up on the property status and I have to acknowledge the alert to clear the status. I have the panel piezo alert turned off in the panel. If I have it enable, I here only that piezo. I've tried voice chime, soft chime, chime, nothing audible in those groups.

Similar results for the driveway sensor in group 40. However, I do see a brief status change on the property status that snaps back from the red to green check mark. No audible alert without the panel piezo enabled. I've tried voice chimes and regular chimes. Nothing, just piezo if that's enabled. That would be great if piezo didn't come on for all the other doors but atleast the other doors announce the door with the piezo noise. If I put the driveway sensor in group 43, I have to acknowledge the property status change and I only get noise if the piezo is turned on. For giggles, I put it in group 10 and it said "driveway". That would be cool!

Any thoughts or ideas? I'd love to have the garage doors keep the property status red if their up and stay that way until their closed. I'm guessing group 10 with a delay is my only option. No way to get that kind of status detail from a chime group. As far as the driveway sensor, it would be nice if it would say "driveway" or "chime" and leave the property status for 30 seconds or so and snap back to the green check mark. Not sure that can be done. I have 3 touchscreens in addition to the XTi. Having to acknowledge group 43 property alerts on all for screens sounds like a pain and something you'd become numb to doing. From what I've read, you can't acknowledge a 43 on the main or one touchscreen and it replicate to the others...

Thanks for reading and any feedback you might have.

Old 01-04-14, 05:22 PM
H
Just noticed that when you assign a sensor to 40, you now have the "motion chime" on/off option under system settings. I turned chime on when i tried the driveway sensor on that group. Still no audible alert....

Old 01-04-14, 05:36 PM
J
I have an XTi also. What exactly are you trying to do? If you don't see a need to protect the garage why are you worrying about it? Are you trying to say you're using a motion detector in the DRIVEWAY? If so, WHY?

Old 01-04-14, 06:34 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
I think he wants notification when a vehicle pulls into the driveway, and indication that the garage door is open or closed; but not have these things affect the ready to arm status.

This can be tricky to pull off with something like a Simon, because they have a limited selection of zone types (sensor groups) to work with. Remember, these units were designed for apartments and condos, so they are limited.

Try type 25. It's a chime only zone/group that doesn't require restoral.

I don't think you can get anything other than the three piezo beeps though.

Old 01-04-14, 06:41 PM
H
Exactly what I was looking to do. Thank you for the response!

25 on the driveway sensor does nothing on the panel. No piezo, no status change nothing. Also, when the driveway sensor is on 43, it changes the status on property to red on all 3 remote screens and the main unit but only piezo's on the main unit and 1 remote touchscreen. Interesting eh? And yes, chime is on all 3 touchscreens. When on 40, touchscreens flash a change on the property status and go back but no chimes on them...

Old 01-04-14, 06:53 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Yes, the base piezo doesn't echo on the remotes. Again, limited system, and those remotes are even more limited.

This is one of the functions that Simons and even Concords don't really do well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: