Open Zone Issue - RFK5500 & PC1832

Old 01-30-14, 08:49 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Open Zone Issue - RFK5500 & PC1832

Alrighty, this may seem as an ignorant question but I'll explain where I stand at this point and hopefully it's just a small issue I am having. Okay, here it goes:

My boss had purchased the PC1832 kit as you can say along with an additional RFK5500 keypad with the built in wireless receiver. Over the past couple weeks it has done nothing but give me headaches. Although as I continued to read the manual it started to make more sense. All I think is left is figuring out this open zone issue.

Before I go any further we have the following devices:

Wireless Glassbreak Detectors (x5) (Model: WLS912L-433)
Wireless Door Contacts (x2) (Model: WS4945)

The zone that is having the issue is one of the wireless glassbreaks on my RFK5500 keypad. The ironic thing about this situation is that it is the one closest to the keypad. We're talking maybe 15 feet; clear shot of the keypad itself too.

I have enrolled all devices doing both manual using section (804) and entering the ESN by that way and have used the wireless enrollment mode (898) to enroll them. None seemed to have done anything until I figured out that I needed to turn on wireless in all my devices through sections (101-107) for the respectable zones. For my zone, which is zone 1 in my case I have made sure I went to section 101 and ensured option 8 was "ON". No luck as the keypad still states the zone is both "open" and "faulted".

I've tried manually deleting the device altogether and re-enrolling the device by entering all 0's in section 001 of section 804, tested the device, made sure the location was good. Still have "faults" and the zone as "open"

If you have read this far I appreciate you reading my short novel! I've been in and out of different forums for a couple days now and feel as if I am almost there! Any suggestions will be beneficial to me and I appreciate you reading. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-14, 01:59 PM
is the GB actually mounted? attached to the back plate?

there is a very small tamper switch in the back that gets depressed while attached to the mounting plate. its possible its not closing correctly, or ive seen before, the arm of this switch broken off.

Old 02-11-14, 01:54 PM
E
Yes, it is mounted on the ceiling. I've even switched mounting brackets with another glass break to see if that was the issue. No luck so far. Just tried to reprogram it back into the keypad after I deleted it and it still tells me the same thing. Sad face.

Old 02-11-14, 07:35 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
On a guess, you got a dud transmitter. Try a different device.

Old 02-14-14, 12:10 PM
E
Hmm, well I have managed to do a full reset of everything, reprogrammed all the wireless devices in wireless mode (898) and tested them and everything has checked out good. At this point everything seemed to be fine. No zone faults, zone 1 seems to be open at this time but still no green check mark.

Now, I went into the keypad enrollment to enroll this keypad (000) and enrolled it under (1)(8) and the keypad in the back of the shop I have not done much to it, if anything at all. They are both plugged into the same port on the controller and I would assume all the programming would go to both devices.

I know this seems to stray away from the topic and I can start a new thread if necessary but anyone have suggestions on keypad enrollment? Once I programmed it into (1)(8) on the RFK5500 I got back my zone faults and two zones ended up being open along with a service request.

Old 02-14-14, 12:51 PM
enroll the keypads at each keypad.

Old 02-14-14, 02:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It is possible that they used the zone inputs on the (the "z" terminal) keypads for zone inputs. The only way to tell is to look and see if anything is connected to the extra Z terminals at each keypad.

Remember the keypads need unique addresses. You enrolled the 5500 as 18, Enroll the second keypad (at that keypad) as 11.

(most of the programming is common, but the keypad configuration needs to be done at the individual keypad).

Old 02-14-14, 02:31 PM
E
MrRonFL, no Z terminal were ever connected on the keypads. I myself ran the wire to them and mounted them myself. This has been something we wanted to do around the shop for ourselves.

Just enrolled the RFK5500 as 18 and then then PK5500 as 11. Then entered (902) and then waited the 60 seconds and tried section 903 and saw keypad 1, keypad 8, and then the controller itself. So I would assume that's finished.

Old 02-14-14, 05:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Then you are good. Remember, the information we can volunteer is only as good as the baseline information provided...