Concord 4 - Installing 4-wire smoke detectors

Old 02-17-14, 08:21 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 - Installing 4-wire smoke detectors

I have recently installed a new Concord 4 panel and I'm having trouble with my hard wired smoke detectors. I've set up the detectors as 2-wire detectors in the programming menu. I believe my wiring is correct, it's as is detailed in the manual (p. 20, figure 7), however the first detector is constantly reported as open and the alarm sounds. It confuses me that the alarm sounds, indicating the sensor is open, as smokes, I thought, are NO devices.

Is is likely just my wiring? Does it matter if the two detectors are not the same brand/model?
---

A second question, I recently purchased a keypad to add to the system as a second (bedroom) keypad, the NX-148E-RF keypad. It's a CADDX keypad and I realize, now, it's not readily compatible with the Concord 4. Am I SOL or is there a programming adjustment that can be made to permit use of the keypad?

Thank you for reading this and any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-14, 02:36 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
Electronically, the Caddx/Networx keypad is very different from the correct keypad for the Concord; so that won't work, period. You can only use the parts specified in the manual, as far as system components are concerned.

http://www.interlogix.com/_/assets/l...%20REV%20J.pdf

Are you installing 4-wire detectors (as you put in the thread title) or 2-wire detectors? They install and configure differently. Your description of what you tried to do is a little vague...

Old 02-18-14, 08:44 AM
C
Thank you for the reply to this and many of my previous posts MrRon. I will order the ATP1000, I think, as that's what I have downstairs. eBay has some only a couple bucks more than the FTP1000.

As for the smokes, I have two wireless which are set up and working fine. I then have two, 4-wire detectors, hardwired. Wiring goes from panel to the first detector in the basement, to the second detector on the main floor. Wiring for the second detector begins at the terminals of the first detector (they share the terminals). The main floor detector appears to be functioning fine, but the basement detector is reported as "open".

Yesterday, after trying to figure out what was wrong, I programmed the detectors as 2-wires, so they would briefly power down and then reset after an alarm (read this in the manual, I believe). This has not helped.

Any thoughts/advice you have are much appreciated. If you'd like additional information, I'd be happy to provide once I'm home this evening.

Old 02-18-14, 11:33 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
Yes, they are supposed to be wired that way. NO devices are wired in parallel, with the end of line resistor on the last device in line. All of the smokes should be on a single zone.

Old 02-19-14, 01:12 PM
C
Could it matter that the smokes are not all the same brand?

I am at a loss to understand why the system is reporting it as open and going to alarm.

Old 02-19-14, 01:15 PM
C
WAIT!! I have them on separate zones! That's where I messed up!!!