Inherited ADT Safewatch pro 3000 ..having issues

Old 02-25-14, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Inherited ADT Safewatch pro 3000 ..having issues

Hello!,
I have combed this forum and found alot of useful information. After reading a few posts I attempted to retrieve the installer code so I can create a password and use the system with no monitoring.
I must have mis-read something because I tried to press the * and # buttons and instead of going into a programming mode it made the system alarm instantly.
I powered off the system by unplugging it and unhooking the battery. 12 hours later I plugged the battery and AC back in and now the keypad flashes FC and the keypad doesnt respond. The display lights up, it will indicate when zoned door opens, but the keypad does nothing. I press a button, the display lights up but no indication of a pressed button at all.
I really would like to get this system running. IF anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-14, 08:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
FC means "Failure to Communicate".

You powered it down in alarm, and the alarm in the system will only clear if you enter a valid user code.

You had the right keystroke combo to get into programming, but you skipped a crucial step: * +# only jumps into programming during the 50 second window after power is restored.

Power it down again, and try the *+# within 50 seconds of restoring AC power.
Press #20 to read back the installer code
When you exit programming, the alarm will be cleared, and you use the installer code to set a new user code

See the installer manual (SW 3000 is a modified Vista 20P): http://www.alarmeengros.com/installation15P.pdf

Old 02-25-14, 10:46 PM
Thank you for the reply. I will give this a try during the daytime hours just in case I trip the alarm again.
I'll be sure to report back when I give this a try.
Thank you again!

Old 02-26-14, 01:49 PM
It worked! Got the installer code and keypad is responding again.
Thank you!

Old 02-26-14, 04:04 PM
Im just about done with this project but have a few concerns.

1. The first thing I noticed is the keypad doesnt light up when I hit buttons and pressing keys no longer make a chirp sound to confirm a keystroke and nothing appears on screen to confirm a keystroke...it used to do that. Any ideas?

2. I also have to bypass zone 8 which is the telegard box, in order to set the alarm.

Last question, if my wife sets the alarm in stay mode while I am at work and I come home, will the alarm be on a delay to give me time to key in my password or will it sound? I work late many times and allowing her to set the alarm while I am gone without waking her up when I come home would be a real bonus.

Thank you so much in advance!

Old 02-26-14, 06:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
All of those functions are pretty much built into the keypad. If you didn't go into programming and alter the keypad settings (you can make a keypad silent, if it's not address 16) it may mean that your keypad sounder is failing/failed.

If you unplugged the Telgard unit, take the wires off of zone 8 and replace them with a 2000 ohm resistor.

Old 02-26-14, 07:12 PM
Actually the the telguard is still powered up..no changes made to keypad. I dont know the codes to change that setting but i did confirm the keypad is addressed at 17. Its not only silent but the pad doesnt illuminate when keys are pressed.

Further investigation shows the previous owners of the house had the phone line cut from the Admeco box that goes to Telgard. Would it be easier to delete zone 8?

Thanks again, Ron.

Last edited by duncandemon; 02-26-14 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-27-14, 03:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you don't have a 6160 alpha keypad, it's far easier to just dummy off the zone with a resistor.

All I can suggest with the keypad is to double check the keypad wiring. There are no programming settings that affect the backlight, that's something hardwired in the keypad itself. It's not unheard of for these keypads to abruptly lose the backlight and/or piezo sounder, with no real warning.

Old 02-27-14, 08:07 AM
BTW --- I was in a similar situation as DuncanDemon - although my issue was not entering the # + * from the correct keypad...

Old 05-05-14, 09:17 AM
Removed monitoring

Hi there,

I am from Toronto area in Canada.

I have the same Safewatch Pro 3000 system with GSM backup module installed as I did not have land line. I removed monitoring in Mar 2014 and for few days things were fine, we were able to use the system for local monitoring by alarming the system. But then one fine night the alarm padded started to beep rapidly and now it shows these two codes one after another.
FC and 6F. We have to enter the disarm code and beeping stops, but these codes keep showing on the display and the rapid beeping comes back after sometime.

It would be nice to be able to use the system for local monitoring, any ideas what I can do. I think I have the installer code as well.

FC I understand means failure to communicate. This is understood as ADT would have removed the cell backup module's service by now. But shouldnt I be able to atleast have the local sounder sound comeon instead of it trying to communicate with ADT monitoring station.

And any idea what 6F means ?

I have removed the power and battery few times as it got irritating, but each time I connect everything back, it ends up in the same situation of rapid beeping after sometime. No set frequency for when and how many times it happens.

Old 05-05-14, 09:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
bF means that the cell dialer has a problem.

Since you aren't using it, then you need to physically disconnect it from the system. In addition to the steps in the thread above to remove the FC, while you are in programming, you also have to enter *29 0 to make the system stop looking for the radio.

(no, these cell dialers cannot be configured to dial a normal phone number...)

Old 05-05-14, 10:45 AM
Sorry, I am not clear what steps do I take to remove FC code. I re-read the thread and don't see it. And my mistake, I just googled and the other code as you rightly figured it out was bF and not 6F.

https://www.alarmgrid.com/faq/what-d...eypad-indicate

And that is also related to cellular alarm communicator error.
I got the Vista-20p manual which it seems is the generic version of Safewatch Pro 3000.

I was reading on some website that if I entered #41 or #42, then I can see what phone number it is programmed to call. I did not get anything in 41, but in 42 I got a local area code number that it calls. If I enter *42* to clear that number out, will it stop FC and bF. Or do I just go to programming mode and do a *29 0.
I was able to get the installer code, so did not have to do the power cycle etc. Just entered the installer code + 800 and it showed 20. And then I did #41 and #42 to get that phone number and then *99 to get out. So far the rapid beep has not come back, but I am sure it will come back soon.

Where do I get a list of all these * codes and what they mean or even some details on what all programming codes exist.

Also what do you mean by "Since you aren't using it, then you need to physically disconnect it from the system"

I have two power supply modules. One for the main alarm and another one for the cell backup module. I don't know if the cell backup module also uses the battery backup in the main alarm unit. So even if I remove the power just for the cell backup module, it will still keep running on the battery of the main alarm unit, wouldn't it ?

Yes, ideal would be to program the darn thing to call my cell, but as you mentioned, these are programmed to dial only special numbers. I called the number in #42 slot and after 2 rings it gives a beep like a fax machine tone.

Last edited by navin2004; 05-05-14 at 10:49 AM. Reason: More info
Old 05-05-14, 01:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v...mmingguide.pdf

Sorry, it's one that get's asked a lot:

To turn off the dialer on _most_ Honeywell/Ademco panels (and clones):
Once in programming enter *41* and *42*. This erases the dial out phone numbers and turns off the dialer. Check your install manual, there are a few obscure models that the phone numbers are in a different location.
Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz30sGFpEPy

Old 08-13-14, 07:36 PM
Received 25 Votes on 19 Posts
To completely disable the alarm system disconnect the battery and the wire(s) on the first terminal on the left in the main panel.

Old 09-23-15, 01:29 PM
Safewatch 3000 constantly going down because of voip connection and internet issues. No longer connected to ADT. Does anyone know if i can disable/disconnect the phone from the system and just have it work as an unmonitored alarm. Thanks for your help

Old 09-23-15, 01:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yup. As stated earlier in the thread; go into programming and enter *41*, *42* and *94* followed by *99.

That turns off any outside communication using phone lines.