GE Concord Express Security System - Low Battery

Old 02-28-14, 06:55 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Unhappy GE Concord Express Security System - Low Battery

Hi Gang, our alarm beeps continuously until you press the status button. Even though I just replaced the battery, it still displays low battery. It has been three days since the battery was replaced. Every night it wakes us up at different times, sometimes 2:00AM, sometimes 4:00 AM . . it will not stop until you press the status button. Is there anyway to re-set the system? Or disable the battery option? I read a similar post, but none of the suggestions seemed to help. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-14, 04:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
First, double check your battery connections. Sometimes, in bad light, people swap their positive/negative connectors.

Verify that it's actually the system battery, and not a transmitter battery (if you have wireless devices) that's being reported.

I can't remember, offhand, if the Concord Express has a battery fuse on the motherboard, but that would be something to check.

Finally, verify the condition of your battery, sometimes new batteries do fail out of the box. Check the battery voltage under load (kill the AC power and make sure it's actually putting out enough voltage to run the system).

And no, there's no way to disable the battery test.

Old 03-02-14, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
This is just an update. I checked the battery connection. It was hooked up properly. I check the 12V battery with a multimeter. It was good. There was not any fuses on the mother board. I tried a series of key-in commands on the touch pad. Nothing seemed to work. I taken the key pads off the wall, to see if there was a battery. No batteries, all hard wired. I then taken the sensors off the wall. Guess what. One of the sensor had two AA batteries!?!!&^%$. I changed the two batteries and it worked. I think they could have done a better job on the manual, it was not evident that any of the sensors would have batteries. Nor was it listed anywhere in the trouble shooting section. Anyways, I hope if anyone has a similar problem, they stumble on to this post and it helps them out.

Joe McDonald voted this post useful.
Old 03-02-14, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The keypad told you that the sensor had a low battery when you pressed the status key....
Have to read it

Old 03-16-14, 11:43 AM
System Low Battery

I have a GE Concord Express and it is showing system low battery. All sensors are wireless and take 3v Lithium batteries. The panel has a 12v 4.5 AH battery which tests out good. Nothing in the user manual addresses sytem low battery. Anything up your sleeve that can help me? I don't show any sensors with low battery indicated.

Old 03-16-14, 07:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What does the battery read under load (with AC power disconnected)? A failing battery often reads 12V unloaded...

Old 07-15-14, 08:01 AM
GE Concord 4: Low CPU battery error, even after battery replaced and charged

My system is generating the low battery error alert and chime. It clearly indicates the issue is a low CPU battery. My old CPU battery tested at 11V so I replaced it with a new cell of the same specification that tests at 13V after charging overnight.

With AC disconnected the new battery reads 13.3V under load.

I assumed that the issue would be resolved by the new battery but unfortunately, the system continues to generate the CPU low battery alert. I've pressed * and reviewed status to try and clear the error multiple times. I'm not sure what my next steps should be in terms of trouble shooting or forcing the panel to recognize the new battery.

I have wireless sensors, but I'm not getting a sensor trouble alert, just CPU low battery. My keypads are hardwired and seem to be working fine. It's just the persistent low battery alter that is giving me trouble.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to further diagnose or resolve this are much appreciated.

Old 07-21-14, 04:10 PM
How to silence low sensor battery alarm while waiting for new battery to arrive

One of my sensor batteries is low. I have ordered new batteries, but in the meantime the system beeps in the middle of the night and wakes up the family. I see from an earlier thread that there seems to be no way to disable it permanently. Should I just unplug the entire system, including the backup battery? Other ideas?

Old 07-21-14, 07:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Your call. The worst thing that will happen is that you need to reset the clock.