Ademco Vista SE-10 alarm

Old 03-03-14, 05:50 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco Vista SE-10 alarm

My alarm was hit with a 3 second power outage and then started beeping non-stop for 48 consecutive hours. It flashes "FC".

How do I stop the beeping?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-14, 01:06 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
Installer manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...n%20Manual.pdf

User Manual: http://www.security.honeywell.com/do...via30pseUM.pdf

FC means "failure to communicate". When the power failed, it tried to send a AC loss signal to the central station. I am guessing that (like so many) you moved in with an existing system, and have no land-line connected. To make it shut up, you have to turn off the dialer.

Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.

To turn off the dialer on _most_ Honeywell/Ademco panels (and clones):
Once in programming enter *41* and *42*. This erases the dial out phone numbers and turns off the dialer. Check your install manual, there are a few obscure models that the phone numbers are in a different location.
Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz2uw4tLhc9

Old 03-19-14, 04:36 PM
T
Land line not releasing after fire alarm

Thank you for this and other threads on resetting the alarms.

I have read them and now have the installer and master codes reset. I have deleted the dial out numbers as per the 41, 42, etc notes in the other threads.

I have a Safewatch Pro 3000 that I inherited with the house, discontinued monitoring but like others used for entrance notification.

I recently had my house fumigated and the Fire alarm went off. The land phone line has been "arrested" ever since.

I have again deleted the numbers on the entrance panel, removed the batter cables from the main switch panel as well as unplugged the unit to reboot. entrance panel shows AC in the upper right.

The phone line is still captured.

Not sure what I have missed. Please help as I need the land line to work to receive doctors office messages.

Old 03-19-14, 04:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
Try unplugging the alarm phone cord from the RJ-31X jack. If your phones don't clear, then the problem is elsewhere in your hone phone wiring (or even outside).

Old 03-21-14, 02:22 PM
T
Thank you for your reply. And you were corrected. I went thru the system set up and found an issue with the phone plug in. Thanks for your brilliance and patience. Don't give us on us newbies. All systems go now. Thank youi.