2issues zone definition 1 = instant? , old keypads inop after default.

Old 03-03-14, 08:42 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2issues zone definition 1 = instant? , old keypads inop after default.

I'd first like to thank MrRon for helping me out in a previous problem.

Anyway I have a new problem (same system as previous postings).
I have 1new PK5500 keypad and 3 LCD5501Z old ones. Defaulted, getting the hang of programming after a couple days of troubleshooting.

Problem: zone definition 1 is supposed to be delay 1. However upon testing this it turns out to be instant. I have even confirmed the entry delay 30seconds. I have currently set it to definition 2 - which is delay 2 (45sec.) and it works! But why would this happen? I have the correct installers manual and browsed the forums and nowhere does it say definition 1 is instant. In addition the zone definitions were correct before defaulting this second time.
Does defaulting before or after adding a keypad make a difference?

Another problem, after defaulting only my new keypad works. The old ones chirp (when arming/disarm) but have unresponsive keypads- 2 of them say "program".
Module check- shows 4 keypads.

Reference: Dsc1832, 4keypads, 16zones, 2nd owner, defaulted, system partially working, did zero wiring myself except install new keypad.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-14, 02:46 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
A general default only defaults the main control, any programming in the keypad(s) does not change because the keypads have their own individual default command. Could the keypads have been programmed as "global" (with an address beginning with 0). If so, you have to select a partition by holding the # key then selecting a partition. Do all the keypads have individual addresses?

Zone type 01 corresponds to entry delay time 1 (005 01 xxx xxx xxx)

Are you certain that your system model is PC1832? Could you possibly have a Power 832 (PC5010)? The two models have differences in the proper programming references.