DSC 1616 motion detection stuck open

Old 03-04-14, 09:08 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation DSC 1616 motion detection stuck open

So last night I was moving something in my house and bumped and knocked off my wireless glass break sensor, this put up a error on my keypad. after re installing the glass break the error did not go away. i had the bright idea of powering the system off than back on. after this i discovered that the glass break sensor battery's here not pushed in all the way. This corrected my issue. After resetting the time the system is working great. Today when i got home and disarmed my system i noticed that zone 4 (motion detection) was stuck open? I can not figure out why. System arms fine just open displayed on keypad and no protection from motion detector. I don't have the installer code so i hope there is a way to fix this without needing it.

any help would be appreciated
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-14, 11:56 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
DSC wireless devices are pretty fussy about batteries. Your transmitter battery may have been borderline (is it more than 3 years old?).

The devices also have a pretty sensitive tamper switch both for the cover and for the attachment to the wall, and in most typical configurations, that can also show as a zone open.

Those are the two things I would check.

Old 03-05-14, 12:50 PM
B
ya i check both, the wireless glass break is on zone 7 for some somehow my zone 4 (motion detection) is stuck open.

Old 03-05-14, 01:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Is this zone 4 a wired device or a wireless device?

If it's wireless, check the battery.

Old 03-05-14, 03:39 PM
B
it is wired. not sure why it would be open, its worked fine for the last 3 years. no issues until power reset.

Old 03-05-14, 06:04 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
A hardwired motion is just a motion activated relay. If you have 12v power at the device, the next simple test is to short the alarm (not the power) wires together. If the zone shows closed then you simply have a failed motion.

Remember, these things cycle every time someone walks through the field of view. Eventually, the relay that does the work does fail (2nd law of thermodynamics hasn't been repealed).

If you have power at the device, and shorting the alarm lines closes the zone, then you just need a replacement. The failure is somewhat coincidental...

Old 03-05-14, 08:57 PM
B
so tonight i pulled the zone 4 off the bored and it still shows the zone as open? any clue what can be going on?

thanks for all the help so far.

Old 03-05-14, 09:08 PM
B
I put a jumper between zone 4 and com and the open goes away. dose this confirm that my wires may have a short or my sensor has gone bad? * i did run cat 5 to my panel for my EVL-3 thats on its way is it maybe i damaged the Cable? Can i run cat5 for wired motion for the power/ communication?

Old 03-05-14, 09:39 PM
B
So i figured out what was going on. the lazy ass installer pigie backed a wired glass break sensor in on of the bedrooms to the wire running to the motion detector. after removing the wires from the wired glass break sensor and connecting them my open zones closed. thanks for all your help!