Ademco Ademco VISTA-20se/VISTA-20HWse Beeping

Old 03-05-14, 03:53 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco Ademco VISTA-20se/VISTA-20HWse Beeping

I have read many postings, but have not seen my specific problem. I have Ademco VISTA-20se/VISTA-20HWse, I have User's Manual and my code. It is 15 years old, I am the only owner, it is plugged into a landline phone jack, it has a new battery. The keypads (2) will randomly beep and will turn off upon pressing any button. The keypads will stay silent for a few minutes, or weeks or months. I do not have monitoring. The error code is 04, one of the zones that has a sliding door with 2 3 dimensional rectangular contacts, and 2 windows with a disc contact / magnet ? The system is hard wired. I have tried bypassing Zone 4 with no luck. I've had this problem with both the old battery and new. An electrician / former alarm guy thought it could be the door/window contacts, but bypassing them should solve the problem. After entering my code and off 2x's I get a green ready light and no error code displayed, but beeping eventually returns.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-14, 06:28 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
If the only thing showing is 04, then it's just an open zone. It could be a contact on the edge of the magnetic activation range, and once in awhile, the right vibration triggers it; or it could be a cable with a bit of damage somewhere in the attic/wall; or it could be the zone input starting to fail.

With the information provided, it's hard to do more than guess.

Remember, hardwired door and window contacts are just magnetic switches.