Autobypass on NX-6V2

Old 03-19-14, 05:51 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Autobypass on NX-6V2

I have a situation where we have 3 motion sensors. They are zone 3...foyer, zone 4...master bedroom, and zone 5...basement.

If I hit the stay button or if I hit exit and do not open door, all 3 sensors are bypassed.

At night, though, I would like just the master BR (zone 4) bypassed.
If I manually bypass zone 4 nad then hit exit button on master br panel and do not open exterior door, will just zonne 4 stay bypassed or will the other sensors get bypassed too (auto bypass)?

If so, is there any way to change program so this second situation can be performed?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-14, 08:55 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
As configured, they will still auto-bypass. You can simply unbypass the zones you want active using the bypass key after the arming is done.

The "sometimes yes, sometimes no" behavior you seem to want, _can_ be done, but it's a bit of a programming pain in the neck.

Old 03-19-14, 11:34 AM
D
Is it possible to have each keypad react differently?

I would like to have it set that

Keypad near garage has autobypass and stay working as they do now.

Keypad in bedroom only bypasses zone 4 when stay is pressed.

Old 03-19-14, 12:12 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The keypads are just an interface. The settings you are talking about are system wide. So no, you can't have one keypad behave differently, in this regard.

Old 03-19-14, 12:31 PM
D
I see.
well, is there any way to set things up so that if I manually bypass one zone (zone 4), then hit exit but do not actually exit, that only zone 4 stays bypassed?

I don't mind the other settings such as stay where zones 3, 4, and 5 are bypassed. Or exit when no one leaves also acts the same as stay.

I guess I would like a setting that if i manually bypass a zone, it does not then go into auto bypass if we do not leave.

Old 03-19-14, 01:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Really, the only way to do what you are after is to disable the auto-bypass feature, and only use manual bypassing. You would need the installer code in order to turn the feature off.

Old 03-19-14, 01:51 PM
D
I have installer code. Would you be able to give me steps to get rid of auto bypass? I saw someone else had posted awhile ago and you gave him steps. It was partition 23 on NX-8 panel. Would strps be exactly the same on NX-6?
First, the auto-bypass only works when the system is armed in stay mode, either by arming in stay, or by not opening and closing an entry/exit door during the exit delay time; so your concern about the feature may be misplaced.
This is what a found from a previous post.......

Would it be the same for my panel?

*8 [installer code]
0#
23#
press 3 to turn off the auto bypass option
Press * * * *
Press the [exit] key to exit programming.

Last edited by Dave4242; 03-19-14 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-19-14, 03:57 PM
G
Or you could create your own zone type...not for beginners, but it is an option as all of the NX zone types are customizable. Simply turn off the auto bypass feature for that mythical zone type...

Old 03-19-14, 04:30 PM
D
I would just turn off autobypass completely. would the steps above work for my system?

Old 03-19-14, 04:54 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, all NX series panels use basically the same programming map. Those steps will work.

Old 03-19-14, 04:59 PM
D
Thanks, Mr Ron. I just don't see us using the autobypass feature as we want the basement sensor to be armed 99% of the time as it is unfinished. And the foyer sensor would be on when we are in bed as no one should be outside of master bed area. For the few times that we have guests, we can bypass foyer sensor.