Seeking Alarm System Info, Please Help!

Old 03-23-14, 07:23 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Seeking Alarm System Info, Please Help!

MrRonFL,

I'm sorry to go off-topic, but I am a new homeowner who just bought my first house a year ago. My home includes an old Arrowhead CT61 Alarm System (Moose 1100). I have been struggling to figure out how to reset the master code to set it up. I saw a few of your previous responses on this topic from back in 2008 via a google search. You mentioned hitting a switch to put the unit into programming mode? I found a 25-30 page owner's manual online, but it said nothing about resetting the master code. Any assistance on how to get started on using my system would be greatly appreciated!

Brad

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-14, 02:45 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
"Arrowhead CT-61" is a version of a Moose Z-1100
Installer Manual: http://interlogix.com/_/assets/libra...anual_1996.pdf

The programming switch looks like a small bit of bent wire. If you power the system down, hook the program switch, and power back on, it comes up in user programming mode.

Old 03-24-14, 05:42 AM
B
Thank you very much! The manual I found online was a 24 page manual for System II. It appears this is the manual I need. I'll read over it and fiddle around with it tonight or tomorrow. If I have any additional questions, I'll let you know.

Thanks again!

Old 03-24-14, 04:54 PM
B
So I read through that instruction manual. It appears the first step is to reset to default settings, therefore I need to turn the program switch on and off. I looked for and found the location of the program switch in figure 5-1 in the manual. The problem is that I don't see any switches there. It appears to be a solid surface with a few silver indents in the panel and a small wire to the right. I know you mentioned the wire, but how can you switch a wire on and off? Do I just push it upwards or downwards?

Old 03-24-14, 05:14 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
it's made like a safety pin. There's a plastic catch that keeps it in contact with the matching hook.

Old 03-25-14, 03:06 PM
B
Thanks, I did notice that today. I attempted to reset to the factory program. I went through all the steps, but none of the LED's ever lit up. Do you know why that could be? My motion sensor in the corner of my living room was making a frequency tone while it was in programming mode.

Old 03-26-14, 02:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Check the wiring on the back of the keypad. Often, on unused systems, people will disconnect the keypad wiring because it starts beeping for a low battery or other problem, but no one knows the code to shut it up.

Old 03-26-14, 06:33 PM
B
You were right, the keypads were disconnected. I have 2 keypads (one at my basement entrance and one at my main entrance. For the keypad in the basement, the square piece which the wires go into was disconnected but the wires were still intact in that piece. I connected that part into the four prongs of the keypad and I got it to work. Upstairs however, that square piece was not present. Instead, the wires were simply taped together with electrical tape. Do you know the name of that small square part and where I might be able to purchase it?

Old 03-27-14, 02:36 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
This is a long discontinued system, and parts are basically unavailable unless you luck onto them on something like Ebay. It's a inline pin connector, and you might be able to find one that will fit in the component drawers at Radio Shack.

Old 03-27-14, 05:44 AM
B
I'll give them a try. Thank you for all your assistance!

Old 03-27-14, 06:42 AM
B
On a separate note, I've recently been noticing indents along the ceilings on all 3 levels of my house. The indents are about an inch or inch and a half in diameter and they are spaced out a few feet from each other. There are approximate 3 or 4 indents in a straight line along each floor level. When I press again the ceiling along those lines, I noticed the ceiling is sagging a bit (maybe a half inch or so). Is this a concern? If so, how would I go about getting it fixed?

Old 03-27-14, 10:15 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
That sounds like your drywall is pulling away from the joists. You may need to run new drywall screws up and spackle to stop the sagging. That's really something for the drywall forum.