Switching keypad from NX-1308E to NX-148E

Old 03-27-14, 07:13 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Switching keypad from NX-1308E to NX-148E

I would like to switch my keypad from NX-1308E to NX-148E. This would give a time clock as well as alphanumeric display for zones.

I have the installer code.

What programming steps would be involved in doing this? I would power down system and connect keypads. Then all I would need to do is add in zone descriptions through the keypad? I assume that all panel programming otherwise would stay the same.

Also, we have a second keypad. Will that need to be programmed separately?

And if we wanted to switch instead to a NX-148E-RF, what kind of programming would be needed to use keyfobs?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-14, 10:25 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
Some of these questions come out of the keypad's installation manual.
http://www.das-sa.com.au/DAS%20MANUA...l%20Manual.pdf
Basically, you would need to set the keypad address to match the one you are swapping out. Programming the descriptors is a little tedious, but not difficult. If you are trying to swap out more than one, it's easier to do both at the same time, so you can transfer the text from one to the other, without having to enter the info twice. Remember, power the system down to make these swaps.

The enrolling process for a keyfob with the RF keypad isn't difficult:
http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/UTC/...%20Rev%20B.pdf

Old 03-28-14, 07:19 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you. I was looking at these and firgured out how to get my old partition number and address from my existing keypads.

If I buy used ones from ebay, how would I erase their info to make them "factory new"? Or by partitioning them to my existing panel, will it change them to how my old ones are programmed?

Old 03-28-14, 09:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
You would go into programming:
"To load the factory defaults, enter the Program Mode for the module to be defaulted using the procedure on page 2, then type [9]-[1]-[0]-[#]. The keypad will beep 3 times indicating that the loading is in progress. The loading takes about 6 seconds. To load the factory defaults for the LCD keypad, enter the Program Mode from a different keypad (does not have to be LCD keypad), and follow the procedures mentioned previously."

The "module" number for the keypad is based on the keypad address. Look at the chart at the back of the keypad installer manual.