DSC PC1864/PC1832 installer menu "Function not available"

Old 04-02-14, 09:02 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question DSC PC1864/PC1832 installer menu "Function not available"

hello too all

i have dsc 1864 and 1832 and i have know to programm this panels.
but 2-3 times i have the following trouble in this panels...

i was programm the panel and after 1-2 days i will go back to add in programm somethink else..
when i press only *8 the keypad say "Function not Available"

i know the installer code because dont change from default 5555..

when i hit *8 the keypad say "Function not Available" and dont leave me to enter the installer code.

after this i will do hardware RESET and the panel its ok and the installer menu *8 5555 works perfect..

but this problem has appeared several times .every time should I reset the panel?

any help???

thanks too all

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-14, 06:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 90 Posts
Are there any after-market devices wired into the keypad bus? Some of them can interfere with keypad functions.

Old 04-03-14, 02:45 AM
P
yes i have 3 expantcion with 8 zones ..

but i have this problem in panels with out expantion or interface in keypad bus.

Old 04-03-14, 04:15 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
This is nearly always a symptom of a bad keypad wiring connection. Double check your wiring, you might have a loose connection, or have your data wires swapped.

The only other possibility is that you may have inadvertently changed a setting in one of the programming locations marked as "future use"; which can make DSC controls do some odd things.

You may have to do a clean default and start over.

Old 04-03-14, 06:06 AM
P
hello my friend

the wires and the the keypad connection i am sure to be right! i have take the bord and the keypad in my hobby work place with 1m cable ..

i have read in other site for this problem. and in the oldes version off dsc pc1864/1832 v4.1 in the manual in section [021] the 7th option is set. The option is the Installer Access Requires DLS window. If set "Access to Installers programming requires the DLS window to be opened up in order to access installers. Enable DLS window by entering *[6][Access Code][5]."

So maybe *[6][Access Code][5] before *[8][Installer Code]. I am just guessing here.

but my version is 4.5 and in this manual in section [021] the 7th option is marked as "future use" by default from dsc. and this tell me and you..

do you think this is the problem ?

PS. i have down a RESET and after hit again the program and the panel do the same thinks "funcion not Available" but this problem i will see 2-3 times with different pannels 1832/1864 ..
and i have install about 40-50 dsc panels with no problem.

Old 04-13-14, 11:21 AM
same problem with pc1864

Hi I am using a DLS 5 with PC1864
I am battling to get connection using EVL 3 ethernet module.
What are the values for access code , i have my installers codeName:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 6712
Size:  27.3 KB

Old 04-13-14, 12:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know, I have never run into this "Function Not Available" glitch on a system that had not had local programming disabled using the download software. Since this is coming up after you exit programming, that leads me to suspect that you may be inadvertently changing a setting that's locking you out of keypad programming access.

For the second poster's question:
The access code is the value found in programming location 403-404, so the 183200 shown in your graphic is the correct default value.