5800C2W - Honeywell Hardwired to 5800 Wireless Converter

Old 04-08-14, 04:40 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
5800C2W - Honeywell Hardwired to 5800 Wireless Converter

Has anyone had any experience with this unit? I'm not converting a wired system to wireless. Its application would be to wire a detached garage/shop and use it to communicate with a Vista 20P via the 5881ENL - Honeywell 8 Zone Wireless Receiver in my attached garage. Specs state it has a 300 ft transmission range, and the shop is only 60 feet away, so it should have the range to work. I'm looking at going this route as wireless sensors wouldn't work there as it's unheated for the most part during the winter. If I understand how it works, it takes all that is hardwired to it and communicates with the security panel as if they are all wireless. Is that correct? Any comments are appreciated.

Old 04-08-14, 06:31 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The device should work; however, those "300 foot" transmission distances are tested over open air with no structures, walls, or ambient rf interference. You may find that 60 foot distance will be ok, or not.

Old 04-08-14, 08:40 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You may find that 60 foot distance will be ok, or not.
Understood. If it doesn't work I can break down and run some wiring between the shop and house. I could run some Cat 5 while I'm at it and improve the internet also as the wireless is a little weak over there. I think I'll try the wireless first though. Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: