Need help with DSC alarm and EV-rec1 remote

Old 04-29-14, 11:32 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help with DSC alarm and EV-rec1 remote

Hi Guys

I have a DSC 1832 alarm with 2 zones(PK5501). All is working well and as it should, however I have a small issue with my Zone 2. My receiver has been installed on "port" 18 and I`m using 22 as a zone definition. When pressing the garage door key on remote it turns Zone 2 on/off in away mode. My issue? When I`m outside the house and activate zone 2 I have no idea if it is on or off.(The bell does not beep once or twice). If I use the Keypad with out my user code it does not beep either- which is fine. When using the home(away) button it does beep. 1) Is 22 the right zone definition and 2)How can I program the system to beep when arming with the remote?

I would really appreciate any assistance.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-14, 02:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
Ok, lets get our nomenclature standardized:
When you say "zone 2" do you mean "partition 2"?

When you say "port 18" do you mean zone input 18?

Is the transmitter you are using the DSC wireless key, or is it the one from the door opener and you are using a relay output to trigger a hardwired zone?

Old 05-01-14, 12:10 AM
H
Security setup

Morning MrRonFL

First of all, thank your for replying. As I`m new to the alarm scene I do apologize for the incorrect terms .

You are correct as I`m using partition 2 and you are also correct in saying it is Zone input 18. The remote I`m using is the Secure Wireless Evolution remote with 5 buttons(The button on it I`m using is the garage door button). The receiver is connected to a relay output which does only activate partition 2 in away mode, exactly as I want. When pressing the actual Away/stay it only activates Partition 1, which is exactly what I want. The problem is never knowing if zone 2 is armed or not

Thanks again

Old 05-01-14, 01:38 AM
H
Also just to clarify is the Zone definition 22 right to use?

Old 05-01-14, 03:07 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If the relay closure is a momentary switch, then 22 is the correct zone type.

You can program a PGM output to activate an LED for armed(05) or partition status (30), and set it to just work for partition 2 to get your arm/disarm indication.

Old 05-01-14, 04:30 AM
H
Hi MrRonFL

Thanks for confirming but this is where my brain cuts out. I input *8 5555 then go to section 009. I then instantly get "Enter data" which is 10, I then press > and get another 10. Thats it, the keypad then double beeps and goes back to select section. LOL can you please explain what that even means? ok so I then tried section 010 which also asks enter data but I now get : 05,30,01,01,01,01,01,01,Double beeps and goes back to Enter section.

I messed up section 011. It gives me the following : 05,30,01,31 double beeps and goes back to enter section.

I really have a problem understanding PGM outputs:

009 which has 2 data inputs makes no sense to me or As I see it I have 2 partitions and both have a latched system event configured to it

010 which has 8 data inputs is my first partition and is configured with Armed status and Partition status, the other data inputs are not being used -01

011 is my second partition with 4 data inputs which I have messed up trying to 05 and 30 status.

MrRonFL I ask your patience and understanding as I am currently lost only on this section. If I can get this right my alarm will be 100%. Also "and set it to just work for partition 2" how exactly do I do it. Long Pressing # and long pressing 2 still seems to give me the exact options with exact same data

Thank you

Old 05-01-14, 06:45 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
What's throwing you off is that PGM programming has a lot of flexibility, so there are a lot of potential settings scattered through the program map.

We will assume that you are going to use PGM 1 and leave PGM 2 at the default
*8 [installer code]
009 05 10 (this changes PGM 1 to activate on system arming but leaves PGM 2 set to the default setting)
551 Turn on option 2, turn off all other options. (this restricts PGM 1 to only reflect the status of Partition 2)
Press # to exit programming.

Connect your LED assembly to + Aux power and use the PGM output as ground.

Old 05-01-14, 08:12 AM
H
Thanks again MrRonFL

This will be my last Questions, to be honest, I`m really not getting this. I went through all manuals and still I`m messing up, alarm company even phoned me

Maybe if I leave all the PGM talk to you as I did the 551 option and when activating the alarm I still had to long press # and long press 2 to see if the alarm is on and no bell sounding if it was activated, I know, I`m not quite there in understanding this PGM.

When referring to a bell I mean the bell the entire neighborhood can hear.

What I need the alarm to do is the following:

1. When arming the alarm in away mode partition 1 must indicate it is armed on the LCD. Also the Bell must beep once(2 for when its off).
2. When arming the alarm in stay mode no bell must beep but the LCD must indicate partition 1 is armed.
3. If an alarm is triggered the Alarm company must be contacted.

Now partition 2 only contains 1 angle beam Zone input 17 and Receiver Zone input 18.
This is convenient as it watches for movement at our gate.
Now this gets turned on/off with the garage button on my remote.
I want it to exactly the following if at all possible?

1. When armed(always in away mode) bell must always beep to show status. Otherwise when I leave for work and standing at the gate I will never know if the alarm was armed or not.
2. Partition 2 must contact the alarm company when an alarm is triggered.
2. If the LCD can maybe display the alarm status for partition 1 and 2 at the same time.(Turning the alarm off for partition 1 and still being able to see that the alarm is on for partition 2)

Your reply to this will be appreciated and thank you once again

Last edited by Hellhound105; 05-01-14 at 08:14 AM. Reason: edited to be more specific
Old 05-01-14, 05:10 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Hookay, it sounds like you haven't quite wrapped your head around the programming input methods (there are more than one) used with DSC Power Series programming.

First, do you have the full manual?: http://www.gargoylesecurity.com/Down...STALLATION.pdf
User manual: http://cms.dsc.com/media/documents/U...ser_Man_En.pdf

Start on page 8 and go over the section on "advanced keypad programming" (which they shouldn't have named that, because it's the fundamental programming concepts you use with all DSC systems).

A lot of the stuff you want this to do, it _can't_ do:
You can either set the keypad to display a single partition, or you can set it to "global" where you have to select a partition to view. There is no configuration that lets it switch on the fly, automatically. You can even set a function key to switch partition view, but it requires you to push a button. When you are in "global" mode, you can see the status of all partitions.

The "bell squawk" on arm/disarm is turned on by turning on option 1 in programming location 014. To make it only squawk in Away mode, turn on option 8 in location 017. The problem is that there is no way to make it differentiate between any given partition arming. It's a global function.

The instructions I was giving you was to allow you to put a visual indicator of arm/disarm status using the PGM output as a switch.