Door buzzer issues.

Old 04-30-14, 04:47 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Door buzzer issues.

Good morning.

I have looked at the other, related forums, and I think this is the right place for my question. About 27 years ago, I installed a Jeron door speaker/door buzzer system. Until recently it has functioned just fine. Now, when any of the apartments push the "listen" button, there is a squeeling feedback and nothing else can be heard. I have not been able to figure out the issue. Before I go about replacing parts, I was hoping someone with more knowlege of these systems could point me in the correct trouble shooting direction.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-14, 03:01 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
On a guess, I would say that the unit at the entry point has probably failed. Hard to tell much more. These intercom systems tend to be kinda proprietary, if you know the model, your best bet might be the source: Jeron Electronic Systems, Inc | Nurse Call, Intercom, and Area of Rescue Solutions

Old 05-01-14, 04:20 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Since all 4 apartments are affected, I suspect you are correct. I just did not want to start trouble shooting the issue by replacing parts til I got the right one. I will use the link you provided.

Thanks again.