Ethernet or WI-FI add-on for Safewatch Pro 3000 (Ademco V20P)

Old 05-02-14, 11:39 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ethernet or WI-FI add-on for Safewatch Pro 3000 (Ademco V20P)

Newly retired and new to this forum, but electronics experienced.

Does anyone know of a (wired) keypad compatible with the V20P that supports wired or wireless internet connectivity and remote operation? My system was installed in 2005 (I've been a customer since 1985) and ADP has made their money, but when I called them they insisted the only route was to upgrade to their Pulse system (with Z-wave whoopee) and a three year contract. So much for loyalty. If that is not feasible, I'd appreciate some suggestions for replacement systems that utilize the Ademco wired contact, motion, smoke and CO sensors with multiple keypads and internet connectivity. Thanks very much!

Old 05-02-14, 02:44 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
Old 05-02-14, 05:47 PM
T
One way to get internet communication is: url=http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176
though it is somewhat crude compared to a service such as Pulse.

A Symphony-i keypad might help but, it is pricey [and probably requires a contract].

If you don't stay with Honeywell/Ademco you might be able to use a translator for the wireless.

Last edited by tpring; 05-02-14 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-03-14, 12:24 PM
A
Thanks!

Thanks for the responses so far. Very enlightening. I like the Envisalink 3 concept. Could not find much about the Symphony-i, seems to be a limited use product and (as mentioned in a response) overly expensive.

If anyone has actually installed this on a Vista 20P I would appreciate hearing about your experience.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: