Slaving Tuxedo Touch with OpenHAB

Old 06-03-14, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Slaving Tuxedo Touch with OpenHAB

I have the Honeywell Tuxedo Touch and it supports Z-Wave technology. How can I slave the Tuxedo alarm panel to OpenHAB (also supports Z-Wave) running on Raspberry Pi? Or do I need to slave OpenHAB to the Tuxedo? What hardware would be needed to do such a setup?

Is this even possible? If not what alarm system would be best for use with OpenHAB?

I would really prefer to make OpenHAB the master because of all the programming and rule capabilities of programming my own system.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-14, 07:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
The z-wave functionality in the Tuxedo is pretty much limited to lighting controls, door locks, and thermostats. You may be able to use openHAB stuff as a secondary.

This is one of those things where all you can do is sit down with the two systems' setup manuals and see what they will let you do together. This stuff is something of a "black art", because it's still pretty new, relatively speaking...

Since the Tuxedo is primarily a security system control, I think that it's probably more locked down, than not.

Old 06-03-14, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I guess it'd probably be best to route all security related stuff through the Tux, and all the home-automation stuff through OpenHAB. But apparently the Tuxedo is just a smart keypad. Surely there are other systems that are required like an actual alarm panel or GSM? Such as the Honeywell VISTA-21iP-6160KT or GSM Alarm SystemS120¡ª¡ªGSM Alarms,GSM Home Alarms,SMS Alarm,GSM Gate Opener ? Perhaps such a system could some how send a message to OpenHAB on the Raspberry Pi? There-by providing some level of integration? Just trying to think outside the box here. There isn't much in the way of manuals for any of this stuff. The Tux manual is rather limited, and the OpenHAB doesn't have much of a manual either. And nobody any place says what exactly you need to buy to make a minimum system function.

Old 06-04-14, 03:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
The Tuxedo is just a keypad for the Vista security systems, so it's not a standalone product. I'm not clear on how much info the keypad shares downstream via the z wave interface.

User: http://www.security.honeywell.com/do...B_6280i_ug.pdf
Installer: https://www.alarmgrid.com/documents/...-install-guide