DSC PC5010: EOL Resistor Power Rating Requirement?

Old 06-04-14, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC5010: EOL Resistor Power Rating Requirement?

Hey gang,

I'm a newbie to home security installation and I've been reading the installation manual for the DSC PC5010 a bit. What is the power (watt) rating minimum requirement for EOL resistor?

BTW, is PC5010 capable of being monitored off-site via alarm company or self monitoring (i.e. Envisalink3)?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-14, 10:38 AM
Group Moderator
Received 374 Votes on 351 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The EOL resistors are 5.6K and can be 1/2 watt type. They are only used as termination so the wattage is not critical.

I know that system has an internal dialer for communication to a central station.

Old 06-05-14, 02:10 PM
Thanks. What kind of function does the dialer have? What does the dialer do exactly?

I read up on the Visonic DL-125c and that dials based on an alarm trigger. Is my dialer have that capability?

Old 06-05-14, 03:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
The only real point to needing the 1/2 watt resistors, is that the smaller, 1/4 watt ones have such a thin wire that they are too easy to break, and may be difficult to get to stay in place in the wire connections on the system and device terminals. The current draw on these inputs is negligible.

The primary purpose of the built in dialer is to communicate with a central station receiver, however, you can configure this model to dial a normal phone line. All you would get, really, is the caller ID, but for a lot of people, that's enough.

Old 06-05-14, 03:43 PM
I see. Now I have to hide my telephone line if I want to use the dialer bc it's stapled to the side of my home siding