Switching Panel on ADT System

Old 06-12-14, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Switching Panel on ADT System

I'm new to this forum but I have read through prior posts and am coming up short on solutions for this specific problem. I recently bought a house where an ADT system was installed (Safewatch QuickConnect Plus). The previous homeowner wrote down the "code" but the system won't recognize it. I would like to at least use it as a noisemaker but just can't get it to do anything without the right master code. Since everything is already installed (sensors, siren, etc) is it possible to buy a new panel and have an electrician swap out the panels? If so, do I need to buy the exact same system or will any SafeWatch panel work? I am as green as they come to home security so any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-14, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
methods to enter Programming Mode

ADT Safewatch QuickConnect looks like a ademco honeywell lynxr. click for manual -> Wireless Burglary - LYNX in the 'installer manual' find 'Mechanics of Programming' look for 'methods to enter Programming Mode'. if it says remove AC power, remember to remove the battery connection first, to reset control panel.