Looking for third party alarm monitoring services

Old 06-12-14, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for third party alarm monitoring services

I'm hoping maybe someone in the alarm business can point me in the right direction. I have been looking into adding alarm and home automation services to my computer service business. I'm trying to find alarm monitoring service providers that only deal with alarm company's and not the general public. I contacted alarm relay as that is who I use for my business alarm monitoring but they do not offer this kind of service. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-14, 03:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 381 Votes on 358 Posts
My main central station is Securall in Brick, NJ. I'm pretty sure they only deal with the trade.... not homeowners.

You're looking for someone in your same area/state ?

The one piece of advice I can offer you is to get your own 800 number for alarm reporting. If you change companies..... that number is yours and you don't have to reprogram all your accounts.

Old 06-12-14, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks PJ, I don't think it would matter if they are local as long as they are reliable but I am located in Ma. What is the type of third party service called? Maybe this will help me with better search results. Great tip about the 800 number but how would that work, like a dns server?

Old 06-12-14, 04:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Try the ads in a trade magazine, for example: Security Sales & Integration

While it doesn't really matter where the central station resides, it's better, for a number of technical reasons, to pick one that's in the same general region.