ADT Pulse Clip Capture Delay

Old 06-16-14, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Pulse Clip Capture Delay

I have an ADT system with several cameras around the house. I have several automations programmed to capture clips when events happen -- doors open, motion sensors tripped, that sort of thing. About a month ago, I noticed that the clips were capturing late. A door would open and the clip would capture on ADT Pulse sometimes 15 and as much as 30 seconds late -- well after whatever caused the event was long gone. I'm getting no low battery warnings or other errors. I also checked ADT Pulse to make sure that there were no unintended delays on the capture and that the time settings matched. I have also rebooted the ADT router and the wifi extender that I use.

I've called ADT and they have little or no idea. They want to send and charge me for the visit. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

mav

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-14, 10:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
As I understand it, "Pulse" is Honeywell Total Connect with a different skin:
Here's a copy of the user and troubleshooting guide: https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnect...nnect_help.pdf

As you have described it, you may just have enough lag in your internet connection to produce these symptoms.

Last edited by MrRonFL; 06-16-14 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-16-14, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you repost the link -- it doesn't seem to be working.

I had thought of that but I've tested the connection and it seems fine. Also, I've also checked at different times of the day and even with little traffic on the network, it does the exact same thing.

mav

Old 06-16-14, 02:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Try it now. Had a link for a different thread stuck in the cut-n-paste...

Old 06-16-14, 02:59 PM
that worked. I'll read the document in detail tonight however, it seems to focus on motion sensing and on those cameras which I have motion sensing, that's working fine. It seems to be isolated to the events where I key off another sensor to trip the clip capture (door sensor, window sensor, etc.). Will do more homework.

Old 06-16-14, 03:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
And that's probably the lag that's getting you. The camera control and the intrusion alarm don't directly talk to each other, so the activation of the zone has to go out, to a server, _then_ come back to the camera control software. That kind of lag can add up, especially during peak internet use times...(like when everyone is binging on a Netflix series...)

Old 06-16-14, 03:24 PM
I thought about that but since it worked when first installed, I sort of dismissed it. Literally, I have had the system for about 3 years and this just started in the last few months.