Existing installation (Simon 60-875) for local siren only?

Old 06-22-14, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Existing installation (Simon 60-875) for local siren only?

Hi all,

We are renting a home in which the owners previously lived here and had an ADT security system installed, but is no longer activated (and we haven't activated it.) It's still all connected and powered, though, and we'd like to be able to set it up at least for a local alarm siren as an additional safety measure. I got the user/disarm code from the owners, and have run some tests. All the sensors are operational and when I do the sensor test, the alarm blasts properly as expected.

However, when I "arm" the system, after the exit delay chirping (and open/closing the front door), whenever a door or window is opened triggering the alarm, no siren sounds. The system status button flashes, indicating that an alarm has indeed been triggered (and when I press the button, the voice tells me "front door: alarm", etc.) but I'm wondering if it's possible the system is set to some kind of silent alarm mode where previously it made no noise but notified ADT.

I did some searching online and have found that it's likely a Simon 60-875 system (GE SIMON 60-875 USER MANUAL Pdf Download.) and have tried some of the configuration items in the manual but can't seem to figure out the issue.

Attachment 33587

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-14, 12:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
You will need the installer manual for this: http://www.avss.net/PDF%20Files/ITI%...%20Install.pdf

There may have once been an external siren that has since failed, or they may have had this thing set as a silent report.

Are there any wires connected to the HWIN terminals?

Old 06-22-14, 01:03 PM
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I'm not sure about the HWIN terminals (honestly, I'm not even sure how I'd remove the panel from the wall to look in the back.) I did do some more reading on this forum and saw mention of some common ADT installer codes, and sure enough, one of them did work and I've gained access to all of the option codes.

Based on that installer's manual you linked, should I just "delete" option 53 (hardwire siren supervision) ?

EDIT: and enable option 29: panel piezo alarms?

EDIT 2: That did the trick! Thanks for the installer manual leading me in the right direction!

Last edited by igashu; 06-22-14 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-04-14, 11:31 AM
Wondering if someone could help me out. We bought a house that had one of these systems, we didn't know the code and was able to use the ARm/Disarm which would only beep if a door or window was open. I was messing around with it trying to reset the device to get the main code and the alarm went off.

After unplugging everything and messing with the buttons, it stopped working all together. No lights, even the SIM card device panel has no lights where it did before. It has power up to the device and tested it with a meter. Its like in a lock out mode?? I would really like to use it just to be notified if the door or window is open.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? did it go into a disable or lock out mode?

Old 07-05-14, 01:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Kinda hard to tell without a better description of what you were doing.

Simons do have a lockout feature, but it times out after a while.