DSC PC1616 quick-arm

Old 06-26-14, 06:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC1616 quick-arm

Hi guys,

I have a question about my DSC alarm's quick-arm feature. When using quick-arm (*0), it sometimes arms in STAY mode, some other times it arms in AWAY mode and I don't seem to be able to figure out what the logic is. Could anyone help? Is this something that needs to be configured? I would ideally like it to arm in AWAY mode when using quick-arm.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-14, 02:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
If you don't open and close an entry/exit door during the exit delay, it reverts to stay mode.

Old 06-27-14, 01:52 AM
Thanks for your reply. So, just to make it clear: if none of the sensors that will be armed during away mode is triggered, it will arm in STAY mode? And if I trigger one of those, it goes to AWAY mode?

Is there a way to reprogram the quick-arm action? (e.g. Always triggering AWAY mode)

Old 06-27-14, 03:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not, quite. The only openings that trigger the stay/away auto function are the zones defined as entry/exit delay zones.

Do you have any interior zones, like motions? If not, the only difference between stay and away arming is whether you hear the exit delay count down.

Old 06-27-14, 06:50 AM
All my sensors are motion sensors (including the entry delay one, which is a PIR looking at the main entrance door). I'm using the STAY mode to arm only the sensors downstairs at night, when we're sleeping upstairs.

Old 06-27-14, 03:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
In general, all motion system are a recipe for frustration and false alarms. These systems don't really work right unless there's at least one actual entry/exit door contact.

That said: You need to configure all of the motions that you wish to be active all the time as either interior or interior delay. All the ones you wish to auto-bypass in stay mode need to be interior stay/away or interior delay stay/away.

Old 06-29-14, 01:28 AM
Everything is configured and working properly. The question is whether I can program the quick-arm action to always trigger AWAY mode.

Old 06-29-14, 12:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Function key 1 is set for Stay arming, by default. Function key 2 is set for Away arming, by default.

The zone type you program for each zone is what determines if it will be active in Stay arming mode, or not.

You can try turning ON option 5 in programming location 23, but I think that only controls the manual stay to away toggle.

Old 06-30-14, 12:12 AM
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain properly. Everything works as it should. I only have one question: can I program the *0 sequence to always trigger AWAY mode, no matter what sensors are triggered during exit delay?

Old 06-30-14, 03:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
In a brief word: NO you can't.

Old 06-30-14, 09:33 AM
Well, that sucks Thanks for your time.