Honeywell Won't Reset After Wireless Sensor Battery Replacement

Old 06-28-14, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell Won't Reset After Wireless Sensor Battery Replacement

Hello. First let me say that I've tried searching the forums and youtube for a solution, as well as my manual, but I have not had any luck. As I understand it, after replacing the batteries in the wireless sensors, I need to enter my code + off (1) two times in a row. I've tried this with no luck. I replaced the battery in every single sensor.

Attached are photos of my system. I was thinking I could unplug the battery from the outlet and try resetting it that way, but I don't want to put myself into a more complicated position than I'm already in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Name:  IMG_3971.jpg
Views: 12517
Size:  38.8 KB
Name:  IMG_3972.jpg
Views: 8230
Size:  31.3 KB
Name:  IMG_3973.jpg
Views: 7580
Size:  23.1 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-14, 06:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Do you know which transmitter is #30?

Double check that the tamper switch on the battery cover of the transmitter is engaging, also double check your battery polarity, it's easy to reverse them. It's entirely possible that the transmitter has actually failed, in which case, all you can do is replace or delete the transmitter (for which you need the installer code, or bootstrap into programming)

Cycling the power won't hurt anything, but it won't clear the transmitter trouble.

Old 06-28-14, 07:36 PM
It just happened to say check 30 when I snapped the pic. It cycles through them. It also says Check 10, 12, 16, 17, etc. This started a few days ago. First it was one zone, then more started failing within the next few days, which lead me to believe it was the batteries. The old batteries in the system, assuming they were brand new when the builder installed it, were about 1.5 years old.

Old 06-28-14, 10:22 PM
More information is needed to ascertain problem but, this doesn't sound good [board or receiver].

edit: Lithium batteries usually last far longer than 1.5 years.

The plug/transformer in the receptacle powers the board [not the battery] and the board recharges the battery. If you reset power, you must unplug the transformer and remove at least one of the battery leads.

Last edited by tpring; 06-28-14 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-29-14, 09:52 AM
It's fixed now. Unplugging the unit from the wall plus disconnecting one of the wires from the battery reset it, and it's working like a charm.

Old 06-29-14, 02:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Usually, cycling through all of the wireless zones like that is a sign of a problem with the wireless receiver board. Either there was enough RF interference that it wasn't receiving, or the board was electronically "locked up" or the receiver is failing. Those are pretty much the choices.

Old 06-30-14, 07:34 AM
It wasn't cycling through all of the zones, only some of them. If it were a problem with the board, why would changing the batteries and then unplugging the unit fix the problem?

Old 06-30-14, 07:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
or the board was electronically "locked up"
Power cycling often fixes issues like this.

Old 06-30-14, 09:27 AM
Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification.