ADT Safewatch Plus RF

Old 07-06-14, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch Plus RF

This unit occasionally will start beeping for no apparent reason. It emits 6 low volume beeps every minute. The manual indicates these 6 beeps mean there is "A trouble Condition exists". Obviously this status is not very useful. I can get the unit to stop beeping by resetting the unit through the wireless keypad but eventually it will start beeping again. Does anyone know how I could go about troubleshooting this unit to better determine the specific trouble condition that exists so I can repair it?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-14, 07:54 PM
ADT Safewatch more info.

My ADT Safewatch Quickconnect is similar to a Lynxr, Lynxr2, Lynxr-en. Check pictures of these models on the internet. Pressing the * - Status button twice in 2 seconds speaks Status, then Detailed Status, with more info. Also an error code maybe displayed, and searched on the internet or in a installer manual.

Old 07-06-14, 08:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
The "Safewatch Plus RF"
Safewatch Plus RF = ADT Proprietary version of ITI Commander2000
Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz36kJGanmV

Installer manual: http://www.interlogix.com/_/assets/l...structions.pdf

User Manual: http://scarsdalesecurity.com/userman...ander_2000.pdf

On a guess, it's either low battery, or phone line failure.

Old 07-06-14, 09:19 PM
Maybe it is Caretaker Plus RF from ADT?

Hi MrRonFL,
I don't think it is ITI Commander 2000. My panel doesn't look the same as in the install or user manuals provided in your response. The keypad I know is a Caretaker Plus RF (aka Safewatch Custom RF) but I'm not sure what the panel is (although it too says Safeguard Custom RF on the cover). Attached is a jpeg of my wireless keypad.

Do have an install and owners manual you can share with me?

Also, I replaced the main battery in the wall panel in my closet about 6 months ago so I don't think it is the main battery.

The phone failure interests me. Is there more troubleshooting info on this that you can share?

Thanks for your prompt response.

Attached Images  
Old 07-07-14, 03:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
That's the problem with ADT rebranded hardware, they tend to be sloppy with their naming practices:
Try this one:

http://www.interlogix.com/_/assets/l...anual_1994.pdf

http://www.adt.com/content/dam/adt/d..._caretaker.pdf

Old 07-07-14, 04:14 AM
On the surface these two pdfs appear to be very applicable to my system. Let me study them further and get back to you in the next couple of days. Thanks for being so responsive. I really appreciate it.

Old 07-07-14, 01:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The problem with the ADT version of the Caretaker Plus, is that the dialer configuration can't easily be changed from the keypad, so if the trouble is that the communications is an issue, there's not much you can do about it, other than replace the system.

Old 07-07-14, 05:52 PM
OK. I studied the user manual and tested my system. The only announcement I get is "Phone Failure, Trouble" (although I thought I heard "Phone Failure, Phone Battery Low" once??). I am not being monitored. I am just using the system for local monitoring now that I am retired and home most often. When I try the Phone Test it doesn't seem to complete and locks up the phone (no dial tone) for 10-15 minutes. Then the dial tone returns.

I'm thinking ADT disconnected my phone monitoring when I stopped their service 5 years ago. So, probably this phone failure message is to be expected. However, I thought I would raise it to you for consideration. Is there any way I can eliminate the periodic 6 beeps per minute if it is related to my phone service to ADT being disconnected? Or, as you said previously, will it be necessary to replace the system?

Old 07-07-14, 08:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not without ADT's cooperation. These systems had all of the communicator info set up so that it can only be altered with the downloader software.

On the plus side, most of the wireless devices are compatible with the modern GE systems.

Old 07-11-14, 02:03 PM
OK. I studied the installation manual. It seems to be applicable to my Safewatch/Caretaker Plus CPU (Model # 487267) with one exception. My Alphanumeric Wireless Touchpad (Model # 487268) does not have a display for programming. Is there another earlier version of the installation manual (i.e. 1993) that defines how to program the CPU with a wireless touchpad without a display? I was hoping to delete two window sensors within the CPU that I no longer use. Any further assistance is appreciated.

Old 07-11-14, 04:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No, without the correct keypad, you can't get into the programming. Short of a lucky find on EBAY, about all you can do with this system, is replace it.

Old 07-11-14, 04:21 PM
I thought that was going to be your response. I appreciate all your help. I'll look into replacing the system in the near future. Have a great day!

Old 07-14-14, 11:35 PM
Unable to arm to level 2 or level 3 now??? (ADT Safewatch Caretaker Plus RF)

Hi RonFL,

Since I tried to program the CPU with the Wireless Touchpad (without display) I am now unable to arm to level 2 or level 3 (using CODE+2 or CODE+3). If I try to arm via CODE+2 or +3 the system announces "Alarm System is Off". I am wondering if somehow I deleted or changed my CODE or perhaps ADT somehow turned off my system from the central station (albeit my understanding is that can only occur from my residence, even if I did a phone test). Is there someway I can test my CODE and/ or, better yet, have my CODE announced to me?

The only way I discovered to arm to level 2 or level 3 is touching COMMAND+2 or COMMAND+3. Unfortunately once the system is armed I can not turn it off with CODE+1 or COMMAND+1. Instead, I have to slide the power off/on button on the CPU to off and then back on to revert back to 1 (Alarm system is off).

BTW, I do not know the installer code.

Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated so that I can restore arming the system with CODE+2 or CODE+3 as I was able to do before attempting to reprogram using the Wireless Touchpad and setting the Tamper switch on the CPU to NORMAL (was in BYPASS and now is in BYPASS).

Best Regards,
Dan

Old 07-15-14, 03:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's highly unlikely that ADT was able to dial in and alter your configuration. I doubt that the franchise that you were working with still has the programming software readily at hand.

From what I remember of these systems, the wireless touchpads won't allow arm/disarm if there's a trouble condition.

Without know what you tried to key in, there is insufficient information to provide a meaningful answer.

Old 07-15-14, 09:44 AM
Unable to arm ADT Safewatch Caretaker Plus system - additional information

Hi RonFL,

OK, below are some entry specifics and related responses:

1. COMMAND STATUS - alarm memory is OK. I assume this means no trouble condition but I am not sure. NOTE: CPU Tamper slide switch (left middle side) is in Bypass position, steady green light and cover installed). All entries via Wireless Touchpad unless otherwise preceded by * (phone entry).
2. STATUS - alarm system is off.
3. STATUS STATUS - all ok with detailed full status.
4. CODE CHIME - no response but COMMAND 7 toggles ON and OFF.
5. CODE 1 - no response.
6. CODE 2 - no response. COMMAND 2 arms (stay) but must power off CPU to disarm (CODE 1 does not disarm).
7. CODE 3 - no response. COMMAND 3 arms (away) but must power off CPU to disarm (CODE 3 does not disarm).
8. CODE 9 - no response. Note: sensor test not activated; opened door and received no status.
9. *CODE#8 - alarm system is off. Note: Attempted to change primary access code but didn't allow entry of new code. Instead generated alarm system is off response.
10. In general, when I enter the above codes proceeded by an * via my touch phone I get the same responses.

I hope I provided enough examples for a meaningful response from you. If you need me to troubleshoot further, please advise at your convenience.

Regards,
Dan

Old 07-15-14, 08:45 PM
I replied to your response. Dan

Old 07-16-14, 03:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Volunteer forum, not manned 24-7.

That said:
Clearly, in your previous attempt to alter the programming, you changed your master code to a set of digits that you now don't know. Without that, short of a lucky guess at the code, the only way to fix this thing is with the download software, which is specific to the ADT version of this hardware.

Again, short of a lucky guess, there is no DIY fix for this system.

Old 07-16-14, 11:03 AM
Is there a common installer code that ADT uses that may allow me change master code to a new code? If not, I'll give up and look for a deal on a new security system.

Old 07-16-14, 03:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
ADT complains if we post their most common installer code on this forum. However, it's fairly commonly known:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ADT+...oe=&gws_rd=ssl

I don't know if it will help you. When these systems were being installed under the ADT logo, they were very "locked down".

Old 07-16-14, 11:21 PM
No help. I browsed and tried quite a few suggested installer codes but came up empty. However, I discovered a workaround. I tried my secondary code and it worked. I am able to arm and disarm my system using the secondary code. So, my plan is to arm using quick arm (COMMAND 2 or COMMAND 3) so that I have the ability to use Direct Bypass if required and use secondary CODE 1 to disarm the system.

Thanks for your suggestions and help on this matter.