Resetting w/o powering down

Old 07-12-14, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Resetting w/o powering down

Can someone assist:

Can i reset the master code without powering down? The current display has a code of '09' and 'not ready' displaying. The previous owners did not give us the master code, but did leave a receipt from the last service of the system in which it says to do the following to do a master code reset: 'master code' + 8 + 02+ 'new master code' 'new master code'.

What can i do to to reset the 'master code' w/o powering down the system? I've tried '6321' '802' 'new master' 'new master' and the system does nothing. I've also tried '6321' '801' 'new master' 'new master' and nada!

Thank you in advance!

Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-14, 03:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
First, we will go with the assumption that you have correctly identified your system as being a Vista 20p/Safewatch Pro 3000.

If the ADT installer code isn't working, then you have to power down and use the * + # procedure to extract the current installer code, which is what you need to program a new master user code.

09 showing with not ready means that zone 9 is open. It could be a hardwired expander zone, or it could be a wireless zone. You need to know what that zone corresponds to, and what kind it is to correct the problem.