Safewatch Pro 3000 Fire fault...

Old 07-19-14, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Safewatch Pro 3000 Fire fault...

I was out of town and the neighbor said my alarm siren was 'whooping' with a pause. I called ADT, and they were, of course, useless as is normally the case. So, Im home and there is no alarm signal, but the keypad says "FAULT 26 FIRE ...." or something to that effect. ADT had me do "code off code off" and the fault is gone, and there are no more faults. But....that didnt really help me because I dont know what the hell it meant or why it did it and Id really like to know. That smoke detector was installed about 4 months ago.

What is the deal? Its wireless.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-14, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did ADT get the signal and did the fire dept. respond?

I'm guessing no, because if the fire dept did respond and nobody was there to let them in -- they would have chopped down the front door to get in to check for a fire.

That would be my first concern -- secondly the fact that it was a false alarm.

They should have had you set off an alarm to make sure they are receiving signals. Did they not do that while you were on the phone with them?

-----------------------------------------
BTW: That "whoop with a pause" is the fire cadence -- which is different than for a burglary.

Last edited by tpring; 07-19-14 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-20-14, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Nope. It did not send an alarm, and it probably shouldn't have. That was the deal. When I was away, they said that no alarm signal had been sent and there was nothing they could do to troubleshoot why my siren was chirping.

When I got home, I saw that it was a fault with the smoke alarm. It was not a fault that sent an alarm though, so no one responded. It does test itself regularly for the cell guard system, and they did confirm that it was receiving its signals.

IM a little concerned as to why the smoke alarm WAS showing a fault. It has not shown a problem in 24 hours. The LED are blinking every so many seconds.

Not sure. ADT said that I should simply keep an eye on it.