A little confused (bought a house with an existing ADT system)

Old 08-06-14, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A little confused (bought a house with an existing ADT system)

I bought a house with an existing ADT system (bhs-4000a control panel) and two keypads (can't see a model # on the units).
I don't want to use the monthly monitoring, I just want the door chime functionality.
I'm getting CH and CP trouble errors once a day, which will beep until I hit cancel. I've read that since its a proprietary system, there's no way to turn this off and keep the door chime. I read this thread that seems like someone is attempting to use their old ADT system for monitoring and was successful?
link:
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...48-keypad.html

If I can get the installer code via powering down, can I incorporate just the door chime without the CH and CP alert that occurs once a day?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-14, 08:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Not with the system you have. That was originally a Brinks/Broadcom system before they were absorbed by ADT. It is highly proprietary. All you can really do with that without the cooperation of the installing franchise, is to replace the keypad(s) and main control.

Old 08-07-14, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback MrRonFL! I would like to replace the system to just a door chime system, since all the wires have already been run. Can I use a VISTA-15P control panel and two 6150 Ademco keypads and have the door chime functionality without too much fuss? I'm only using 5 zones if that matters...

Old 08-07-14, 12:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Yup, that would work just fine.