Brinks DSS-670US w/ dead Transformer

Old 08-06-14, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Brinks DSS-670US w/ dead Transformer

Howdy folks,
I'm a newbie 1st-time poster. Our security system has a dead Xfmr. PN is BE-116225 from Basler, who apparently mfrd it for the OEM Mfr of the Security system, & won't talk to me about it- contact the other guy.

We called Brinks with whom we are under contract, & they'd be happy to come out for $85.oo/20 minutes...next friggin MONTH! Good thing we only have $10M worth of helicopters, parts & tools to protect...

I saw the old posts from 10-yrs ago regarding this model of system, & that apparently it was mfrd by Scantronics.

I just need a source for this Xfmr or a substitute. There were some old eBay listings from 2-4 yrs ago, all sold.

Input is 120VAC; Output is 16VAC, 25 VA, 60 Hz "Energy-Limiting Xfmr". Any ideas on where to dig these up, or substitutes/supersedures?
Thx in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-14, 01:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
That transformer isn't what you want. What you need is a standard 16VAC 40VA transformer:

https://www.google.com/search?q=16V+...oe=&gws_rd=ssl

They don't cost much, and are easy to replace. The wild card is whether your system control board may be damaged, and you will probably also need a new backup battery (equally easy to find).