DSC Power PC1808 Trouble light 4 - failure to communicate

Old 08-21-14, 05:35 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC Power PC1808 Trouble light 4 - failure to communicate

Hi, how can I clear a trouble 4 - failure to communicate fault on a DSC Power Series PC1808 alarm system?

Wanted to add an additional zone to my alarm system. Original installer has the installer code and would not give it to me. Wanted to charge me a small fortune to come out and add the zone and do the programming. After some google searches I found out how to reset the entire system.

I have managed to get it all working as it did before, only problem now is that the trouble light is on and if i press *2, 4 is lit.

Initially when the alarm was triggered the alarm called my mobile phone. Then, every time I did anything on the keypad, the alarm called my mobile. I switched off all comms which stopped that. I then followed a thread here and managed to get the system to call my mobile as expected. So it all works fine, just that pesky fault light.

what changes should I make to switch it off?

I have my mobile number in [301] and [303]
[310] set to 1111 as per previous installer
[311] set to 1111 as per previous installer

Thanks in advance
Everard

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-14, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink FIXED : DSC Power PC1808 Trouble light 4 - failure to communicate

Hi,

not sure if this problem is fixed for good now or not, but the trouble light is off .

Did the following :-
1. Armed the alarm and triggered it.
2. Alarm called my mobile number.
3. I answered the call from the alarm and pressed keys 0-9, *, # on my mobile as if responding to the alarm system from a central system (Handshake)
4. Deactivated the alarm - still trouble light
5. Disconnected the battery of the alarm system and turned off the mains power for 20 seconds
6. Turned it all back on.
7. Trouble light lit. Reset the date and time.
8 Trouble light off

Old 08-24-14, 10:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
More than likely, your trouble will recur if the panel communicates again. The panel is looking for an acknowledgment from the alarm receiver (the "kissoff") that you can't generate with a mobile phone or a normal telephone. If you want this to call you without communication failure trouble, you need to change the reporting format to "pager" or "residential dial". (05 or 06 in programming location 350 on the standard power series programming forms)