New renter needs help

Old 08-23-14, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New renter needs help

I just moved into a house that has a Linear dual-824 security system installed. The owner knows nothing about it, including, of course, the master code. I have done quite the search for any options to be able to reset the system back to factory settings, but I'm having no luck.

Here's where I'm at so far:

-The owner says that the system was installed by Safetouch, but when I spoke to them, not surprisingly, they won't help without a monitoring contract.

-I downloaded and read every manual I could find on the system, but the only helpful info at this stage was that the factory master code is 1234, which did not work, I'm assuming because it was changed after install.

-I tried a full power down, just to try something, which cleared some trouble codes but it looks like the NFL saved the programmed info.

-It seems like I could "dial in" to the control panel using my computer modem and the Linear software to find out what the current master code is, provided the access code for that hasn't been changed. Has anyone been successful doing this.

-Of course, accessing the system through the master code would be ideal to save all of the setup of the system, but I don't mind putting in the work if my only option is to somehow reset the whole thing back to factory specs and start over.

Can anyone help with any advice?

Thank you much.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 08-23-14 at 10:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-14, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Look at page 35, BEWARE YOU WILL HAVE TO REPROGRAM ENTIRE PANEL

www.linearcorp.com/pdf/manuals/DUAL-824.pdf. Hope it helps.