Help with ADC (DSC 9047) Alarm System

Old 08-23-14, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with ADC (DSC 9047) Alarm System

Hello all,

We have moved into a new house that has an ADT DSC 9047 alarm set up. The previous owners have provided us with the key fob, but no codes. Apparently they never had the alarm monitored by ADT.

We would like to have a monitoring service, but not ADT, monitor the system. I am really clueless as to where to start (I read through the FAQ sticky, but still not quite sure what I need to do).

The monitoring service has told us that we need to "default" our alarm and once it is reset, they can program it to their system and have us monitored. Can anyone provide specific information for defaulting the DSC 9047? Where do I start?

Also, ADT has told us that the system has been "zapped" and will only work if we hire them to unlock it and monitor it. Something tells me this is not true. Any help is appreciated.

I am having trouble uploading pictures of the keypad and control panel (it was from these pictures that the monitoring company was able to identify my alarm as a DSC 9047). But I can say that the only control panel I have found is located in a closet directly behind the keypad. The control panel says GS3060 GSM Alarm Communicator. I am guessing this is the cell phone module for the alarm.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-14, 02:34 AM
After reading a bunch of more threads on this website, I was able to figure it the codes. I have now set my own master code and didn't need to do a physical reset by shorting the panel.

I don't think ADT has locked our system because I unplugged the battery and also disconnected the AC wires in the keypad and upon rehooking them, did not hear any of the "clicks" I was supposed to hear if the system was locked.

The alarm panel has an orange hazard light that is illuminated. When I press *2 the panel lists the "Phone Line" and "Communications" as errors. Is there anything I need to do with these before contacting NextAlarm or Alarm Relay to set up the monitoring?

For what it is worth, we do not have a landline and will be using a cell phone communicator (the GS3060 is already installed).

Thanks.

Old 08-24-14, 11:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Is the GS 3060 connected to an active Connect 24 Account? That's not something a DIY can activate without a dealer?

Old 08-24-14, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
Is the GS 3060 connected to an active Connect 24 Account? That's not something a DIY can activate without a dealer?
I doubt it is connected to any account. I don't think this alarm has been active for over 3 years.

If I go with Alarm Relay or NextAlarm, would I need to first activists the GS3060? There is a SIM card in there, that's all I know.

Old 08-24-14, 07:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, you have to have this activated via a dealer. These don't work like a normal cell phone, so the SIM doesn't work the same way. Services like Alarm.com use their own specific hardware.

Old 08-27-14, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the information MrRonFL.

So we have decided to go with NextAlarm's broadband monitoring. The primary reason is that this will allow us to remotely control the alarm with our smartphone app or through the web.

We were told that purchasing a cell phone communicator, such as the IP Datatel CBAT would not allow us to use the IP DataPro iPhone App because our system is not hardwired, but is an all-in-one system. Because the phone app is important to us, we have decided to go the NextAlarm route instead of the Alarm Relay route (even though I was more impressed with the Alarm Relay customer service).

For NextAlarm's broadband monitoring to work, our system has to be wired through the phone line. I have opened the GS 3060 panel to determine if the TIP RNG is wired to the phone line. This is what I found:

There are two wires connected to the T1 and R1 terminals of the TIP RNG section of the circuit board. The other two wires coming from the phone line are connected on the opposite side of the circuit board in the terminals labelled DC+ and DC-.

Reviewing the 9047 manual and the GS 3060 manual, it seems that the TIP RNG is wired completely wrong. The two wires in T1 and R1 should be going to the premises telephone and the two incoming wires from the telephone company should be installed in the TIP and RNG terminals. Any idea what is going on? Is it safe to assume that my alarm is NOT hooked up to a landline such that I CANNOT use the broadband monitoring?

Last edited by BAYsic; 08-27-14 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-28-14, 03:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It just means that the person who originally wired it didn't read the instructions.
Move the phone wires to the correct terminals for the phone line and make sure they are connected to a live phone line at the other end.

You won't have a proper line seizure function with only one pair connected, but if there's no extension phones readily available to take the line off hook, you will be fine.

Old 08-28-14, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
It just means that the person who originally wired it didn't read the instructions.
Move the phone wires to the correct terminals for the phone line and make sure they are connected to a live phone line at the other end.

You won't have a proper line seizure function with only one pair connected, but if there's no extension phones readily available to take the line off hook, you will be fine.
What exactly is line seizure? There won't be any telephones in the house. We do not have telephone service (just cellphones).

Is there a way for me to check to make sure those wires are connected to a live phone wire?

NextAlarm told me I don't need phone service, as long as the alarm is connected to a phone line their broadband adapter will connect the alarm to their monitoring station.

Old 08-28-14, 08:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Proper Phone Line Seizure — spoonhandle

The tool to see if you have a dial tone is either a cheap telephone that you can temporarily connect, or a butt set (linemans test set).

In any case, their broadband adaptor generates a fake phone line.