Question about codes in concord 4

Old 09-01-14, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question about codes in concord 4

I am new to this so give me some room for dumb questions. Purchased on line but trying to slowly learn what to do. A few questions please.
1-system codes-Top code
2-installer or dealer codes-right under master code
3-Partition codes-code for each partition
4-User codes--IS THIS THE CODE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE
The question is in the user code I'm reading that (NNN0)is any number from 000-229. So from that I'm understanding that user code of 9515 is NOT POSSIBLE.It has to be 1930 or any number between 000-229 and ending in zero.
One other question is how do you get out of programming mode. In the book I have it shows *,00,# . I'm in programming mode and I press * then two zero's and then # but that does not get me out of programming mode

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-14, 04:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Not quite:

The installer code is for accessing the system programming menus. It can't arm/disarm the system

The dealer code is really for preventing other installers from changing certain system settings; this is not a necessary code for normal operation, and the default is for this one to be blank.

The Master Code is the master user code that can arm/disarm the system, and is the one used to set all other user codes. ( a lot of residential users never bother past setting the master code; and use it for all users)

The partition master code can arm/disarm the partition it's assigned to, and can create and delete partition specific user codes

For user codes: That 000-229 is the user code _slot_ for the 230 general user codes the system will support. Each user code is a 4 digit number, _any_ 4 digits that don't duplicate another 4 digit code already being used for another code (your installer code can't be the same as the master code, for example)

If you have a partitioned system (rare in a residential system), you can assigns any regular user code to be able to arm/disarm any partition(s) you choose to allow.

The _smart_ thing to do; is to set a master code, then use it to create the user codes for day to day use. Write that MC down somewhere safe, that you won't lose track of it. If you lose the master code, all you can do with one of these systems is to default the whole shooting match and reprogram everything from scratch. There is no backdoor around a lost master code.