brinks BHS-3000 premium

Old 09-10-14, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
brinks BHS-3000 premium

Hello everyone i just joined this forum as i have just purcahsed a home with a brinks alarm pre installed.

Main question i had was is there a way to know if the system is locked/bricked? from what i read companys do this so nobody else can use their systems? If it is no locked is there a way to get the master code or reset the alarm? I do see some number on writen down but it includes # and * witch are not on my keypad so i dont know how to use the codes. I have found the manual for this model and it also does not state anything about this.

If my first questions do not take me anywhare what are my options. Upgrade keypad? Entire system? Not looking for anything fancy house is already prewiered with sensors including one motion sensor and two smoke heat detectors. I plan on having a stand alone alarm for now with no monintoring program

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-14, 07:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
Brinks/Broadcom hardware is proprietary, and without their assistance, there's nothing a DIY can really do with it. All you can do is replace the control and keypad(s) with a market standard system.

Old 09-11-14, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yea i was already thinking that it was going to be a propetary system. Any recomendations on what to upgrade? not looking for anything fancy but of course for if you know any products with some good features i would not mind going for it. Thank you

Old 09-11-14, 05:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
Any of the major brands will work. Just pick the one with the features you actually want and will use. These are the most common (and readily available) systems used widely by DIY installers:

Control Panels

DSC

Intrusion Solutions | Interlogix Global Security Products